- New chassis plate with wider rear section for increased stability
- Chassis features mounting provisions for a graphite brace for additional flex adjustment and chassis weight mounting locations for easier balancing
- New front and rear arms with a stronger, reinforced design minimizes flex in high temperatures for better handling and steering
- Stronger and longer conical servo saver spring with improved adjustment range
- All-new servo saver with chassis locked posts for more secure installation
- All-new servo saver top deck integrates with new servo saver
- Radio box now moulded from harder material for a stronger and more rigid design to eliminate tweak issues in high temperatures
- Radio box mounted to the chassis in more positions to create a solid and more reliable assembly
- New lower front shock tower with improved geometry for increased corner speed and stability
- Shorter shock absorbers work together with new tower geometry for improved handling
- Ultra-efficient pre-glued brake pads for improved braking efficiency and consistent braking characteristics
The rear of the new XT8 chassis is wider to improve stability in high-speed sections and on bumpy track conditions. The chassis also features machined grooves that match the new servo saver posts to prevent any rotation, simplifying assembly and securing the components during extreme chassis flex.
An optional graphite brace can be installed to reduce rear chassis flex even more for additional stability.
The XT8’22 chassis features new positions to mount weights for additional balance adjustments.
The chassis is CNC-machined from 3mm high-quality Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum; strategically machined in low-stress areas and then anodized to make it as light as possible without affecting strength or rigidity.
The XT8’22 chassis features new positions to mount weights for additional balance adjustments. All the central positions are placed in an absolute chassis center for optimal weight balance.
Both front and rear suspension arms are redesigned with a new stronger, reinforced design to maintain rigidity in extreme conditions and higher temperatures. These stiffer suspension arms improve the XT8’s stability and predictability in high speed corners.
The servo saver features a new conical spring that is longer and stronger. The new spring ensures more precise steering and improved reliability.
The servo saver posts feature a new keyed design to prevent the posts from spinning on the chassis for easier assembly and to prevent the posts from twisting loose during a run.
To ensure servo saver reliability (especially in dusty conditions), the servo saver is moulded from graphite material which is more resistant and efficient in dusty conditions. The dual-arm steering system is simple yet effective, featuring an integrated easily adjustable servo saver, and a Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum steering plate.
Ackermann is easily adjusted by changing steering link mounting positions on the steering plate. Bump steer is adjusted by inserting shims between the steering plate and steering linkage.
Servo Saver Top Deck.
The servo saver top deck was also redesigned. The new top deck features additional clearance to prevent binding even if it is overtightened so the steering will always move freely. Fits both XT8 and XT8E.
The XT8’22 includes the Hard composite radio box that is more rigid in higher temperatures to improve the precision of servo movement. Radio box is now installed to chassis with 7 screws to increase stability. This version of the radio box also has more room for the receiver battery pack.
The 1-piece electronics assembly is very compact and can be quickly & easily removed for servicing and cleaning. It requires removing only a few screws from the bottom of the chassis to remove the entire electronics assembly from the truck.
The large, molded radio box features a clean design and layout that places the components’ weight in key areas for proper balance. The batteries are placed along the front centerline of the chassis, with the lightweight receiver placed on its side at the rear of the box with internal channels for the necessary wiring.
The front shock tower features updated geometry with new shock mounting positions that are 8mm lower compared to previous models. The new shock geometry, combined with the improved arm stiffness, helps to improve the corner speed of the XT8’22.
Front Shock Absorbers.
Front shock absorbers were updated to match the new shorter front shock tower. Together with the lower shock towers, the shocks increase stability, corner speed and predictability on high-speed tracks.
To improve the braking efficiency and to ensure consistent braking characteristics, the ultra-efficient pre-glued brake pads are included in each XT8 kit.
The laser-cut, precision flat-ground steel brake disks provide fade-free braking in conjunction with the include brake pads. The brake disk is small, slim, and very lightweight. The precision hand-grinding allows true, wobble-free rotation. Both brake disk and brake pads are specially heat-treated for maximum lifespan.
See more posts about XRAY