Back in 2007 I designed and built what I thought was the ultimate solid axle monster truck and we called it the King of Crushers. It was a great truck that had many features that I was looking for in a solid axle monster truck. The only problem with it was that I had to design the parts in a way that it would be easy or me to make. This limited me on what I was able to do with the truck. I have been working with master machinist Ed Cable from Demsey Manufacturing on several projects over the past few years and he can make anything that my mind comes up with. With this in mind I have been toying with the idea of designing and building another ground up monster truck and with a recent invite to a solid axle race I decided that it was time to pull the trigger. Over three months, I put in about 60 hours into a new truck design and it’s finally ready to be made. I though it would be cool to give you guys a sneak peak of the truck and the progress that I have made on it so far.
The first version of the King of Crushers was sweet and had a lot of trick features. It was a great truck but it’s time for a new build.
TO READ THIS FULL ARTICLE, JOIN RC CAR ACTION PREMIUM
KEV’S BENCH is a weekly feature of RC CAR ACTION PREMIUM. Join today! When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest RC Car Action Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.
• 8+ years of digital editions of RC Car Action
• Instant Digital Edition access to RC Car Action special issues, available to non-members only on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get RC Car Action on your mobile or tablet device
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of RC Car Action archives
• Exclusive photos and videos
• Unique posts and columns just for Premium members