The Reedy Race is unique and brings together some of the best drivers anywhere to compete in an event that only includes 2WD and 4WD buggies with modified motors. In the past, in order for the event to be enjoyed by all, the organizers limited entries by using a lottery system. However, the 2017 event has come up with an interesting idea for those who weren’t lucky enough to be one of the 100 picked in the lottery system. On January 14, 2017 at 6pm, OCRC Raceway (the host track for the event) in Huntington Beach, California, will host a qualifying event for racers who were not picked in the lottery for the Open Class and give them a chance to earn one of the coveted six spots that will be added to the event entries.
- Racers must compete in both 2WD and 4WD classes
- Two rounds of IFMAR qualifying
- The fastest times from each class will be added together
- Based upon the combined laps and times, the top six drivers will earn a spot into the event
- OCRC rules apply
- Tire and additive combination is not controlled
- Entrants must be available and willing to compete in both 2WD and 4WD Open at the Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions the following weekend
- Pre-entries accepted by phone or email at OCRC
- Entries limited to the first 40 paid entrants
- Entries close January 2, 2017
- “Race In To Reedy” entry fee collected by OCRC; $20
- “Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions” collected by Reedy Race Organizer; $200
Please contact OCRC Raceway at (714) 892-6699 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to enter the “Race In To Reedy” or for questions regarding the event.