Novak is proud to offer an exclusive look at two exciting motors soon to join Novak’s popular line of Ballistic motors! The Ballistic 8 and Ballistic 8L Racing Sensored Brushless Motors are perfect for 1:8 scale buggies, truggies and monster trucks from well-known companies such as Associated, Losi, Traxxas, OFNA, Hot Bodies, Mugen and Xray.
BIG MOTOR, BIG FEATURES
The Ballistic 8 motors are not only larger in size, but mighty in features too! Each motor boasts:
- 4-pole magnet, 12-slot hand-wound stator, rebuildable sensored design
- Exclusive, adjustable mechanical timing
- Two sizes available: Ballistic 8 (43.5 dia x 71mm); Ballistic 8L (43.5 dia x 76.5mm)
- Multiple bolt patterns and sizes
- 4-pole, high-strength Neodymium rotor
- Widely spaced (35 deg), extremely heavy-duty solder tabs
- 5mm x 18mm Output Shaft—Compatible with Novak’s Mod 1 and 32-Pitch Pinion Gears
- Available in several winds, including 1.0Y and 1.5Y
- Designed to ROAR specifications
- Compatible with sensored and sensorless speed controls
- Designed, assembled and tested in Irvine, California
NOVAK’S BALLISTIC PROMISE
Similar to Novak’s best-selling Ballistic 540 and Ballistic 550 brushless motors, the new Ballistic 8′s will feature high performance, unmatched reliability and a cost-saving, rebuildable design. Components such as the rotor, sensor harness, bearings, and timing assembly can be replaced. The wound stator can even be interchanged to experiment with a different Kv wind. Additionally, Novak is committed to assuring customer’s that the complete-line of Ballistic replacement parts are available.
Novak is also developing a compatible speed control—the Kinetic 4S Racing Sensored Brushless ESC. More information will be announced for this exciting new ESC as it becomes available.