Greg Zawatski didn’t re-build his SCX10 right away but after running it stock (as a Jeep JK Unlimited RTR) for two years it was due for a freshening up, and he decided he might as well make some strategic upgrades. Originally a Pennsylvania native, Greg now resides in Osaka, Japan and he gave the truck some local flavor with a Killerbodies Toyota LC70 shell painted matte teal from a local home improvement type store. He started with Vanquish axles, a Hot Racing HD tranny, and RC4WD drive shafts. Power now comes from Holmes Hobbies 35T Torque Master paired with a Hobbywing crawler controller. Greg kept the excellent Axial suspension pretty stock, and uses a Hitec servo for steering. His Toyota now rolls on 1.55-inch RC4WD steelies with Interco Irok tires. For a little extra flash he also installed a Tamiya light kit and and crafted some custom aluminum rock sliders.
For more photos and info about this and other Reader’s Rides, join RC Car Action Premium.
RC Car Action Premium offers members exclusive content and the first look at the latest projects, shoot-outs, how-to’s and more!
Membership includes exclusive access to…
• 8+ years of digital editions of RC Car Action.
• Digital editions of special issues, previously only available on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get RC Car Action on your mobile or tablet device
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of RC Car Action archives
• Exclusive photos and videos
• Unique posts and columns just for Premium members
For tips on photographing your car, watch the video at the bottom of the page:
Click to enlarge