The Grasshopper II is one of Tamiya’s iconic radio control car kits from the late 1980’s. It was an enhanced follow up release to the original Grasshopper kit. This re-release (2017) kit features a number of updates while keeping largely faithful to the original model. Its streamlined construction process makes this kit perfect for less experienced users and R/C veterans alike, while separately sold option parts can be used to enhance the model.
- 1/10 scale R/C 2WD buggy model assembly kit. Length: 400mm, width: 221mm, height: 139mm.
- The Grasshopper II body is molded in durable polystyrene resin, and has a driver figure for attachment.
- Features a rugged ABS resin bathtub chassis.
- Front swing axle and rear rolling rigid suspension setups are actuated by coil-sprung friction dampers.
- Fully enclosed rear gearbox contains a differential gear to aid smooth cornering.
- Front ribbed tires give great straight-ahead grip, and rear spike tires provide powerful drive. They are matched with 8-spoke one-piece lightweight wheels.
- Includes 380-type motor.
- Compatible with tune-up parts such as standard Type 540 motors (requires nine 1150 ball bearings & one 850 ball bearing) and CVA mini oil dampers.
- Includes Tamiya TBLE-02 S ESC (May be used for brushed and brushless motor applications)
- Requires 2-channel radio, 7.2volt battery with charger, and Tamiya TS paint.