The Original Racing Monster Truck
In late 1988 Losi became a worldwide force in RC racing after introducing the JRX2 1/10 scale buggy. Just two years later, a second Losi kit would make an even bigger statement and lead an even bigger surge in the popularity of RC vehicles. That kit was the 1/10 scale JRXT monster truck.
The buggy racing class became increasingly competitive in the late 1980s. Many racers wanted an easy-to-drive alternative that recaptured the fun that brought them to the hobby in the first place. They began converting their beloved JRX2 buggies into trucks using wheels, tires, and bodies from “toy” RC cars or from aftermarket conversion kits. Before long, the new truck class rivaled the popularity of the buggies!
Then, in 1990, Losi introduced its first-ever complete RC monster truck kit, the JRXT. And for everyone of that era eager to get started in the RC car and truck hobby, the JRXT immediately became the vehicle of choice.
More than any other model of its time, the 1/10 scale Losi JRXT monster truck caused a rush of new interest in RC. If your memory replays fun days from years ago spent racing RC vehicles with friends and family, chances are good that the JRXT has a starring role. Even better, you can relive those memories for real today with the new, 1/16 scale Mini JRXT.
The Losi Mini JRXT pays homage to its roots with retro styling that mimics the 1990 JRXT. It also reproduces the vintage trim scheme that was pictured on the original box art. Beyond the nostalgia, there are updates to the engineering for state-of-the-art Losi mini performance — making this the perfect mini monster truck for loyal Losi fans and for anyone who wants to try a mini RC.
It comes fully assembled and finished in a 100% ready-to-run package complete with a Spektrum 2-channel radio, LiPo battery, USB charger, and even AA transmitter batteries. With one easy purchase, you have everything you need to race and to celebrate the brand that helped build the RC racing hobby that you love today.
But only 5000 of you will be able to say you own a Mini JRXT. That’s because this is a limited edition vehicle and only 5000 have been produced. Adding to the collectability, each is serialized with its unique production number. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to own a one-of-a-kind mini version of one of the most popular vehicles in Losi history!
SCALED DOWN JRXT
The 1/16 scale Mini JRXT mimics the original 1/10 scale JRXT with new parts that include wide offset wheels, a truck body, updated front suspension parts, and a longer chassis.
The Mini JRXT IS a limited edition release of only 5000 vehicles. Each is serialized with its unique production number as shown. You can own a highly collectable, one-of-a-kind mini version of one of the most popular vehicles in Losi history!
RACE INSPIRED MOTOR
A race-ready Jr’s Choice 42-turn motor comes rear-mounted on the Mini JRXT chassis.
REAR MOTOR CONFIGURATION
Just as in the original JRXT, the Mini JRXT motor is mounted at the rear of the chassis. A new motor plate is included that allows for higher gearing.
The added flex provided by its 5-link suspension helps the Mini JRXT perform better than other mini vehicles on rougher, loamy terrain.
The ready-to-run Mini JRXT arrives fully assembled and complete with LiPo battery and charger. With one easy purchase, you have everything you need to race.
650mAh LIPO BATTERY AND 0.5A USB CHARGER
The Mini JRXT monster truck’s 650mAh LiPo battery provides 10+ minutes of run time on a full charge. The included 0.5A USB charger plugs into any USB port for easy recharging.
SPEKTRUM SLT2 2.4GHz TRANSMITTER
The included Spektrum SLT2 transmitter is perfectly balanced for fatigue-free use and has a foam wheel grip for precise fingertip control.
The 20A 2-in-1 ESC and receiver unit provides a reliable signal and power delivery.
RIB FRONT AND SPIKED REAR TIRES
Ribbed tires in the front and spiked tires in the rear reproduce the style of the original 1990 JRXT.
The flat fiberglass chassis mimics that of the original JRXT and provides flex for ease of driving.
FULL BALL BEARINGS
Full ball bearings support the drive train and wheels to increase efficiency and performance.
Aluminum shocks are included for a smooth suspension.
RETRO TRIM SCHEME
The Mini JRXT monster truck’s retro trim scheme is designed to look just like the truck pictured on the 1990 original’s box art.
- Limited Edition of only 5000 total produced, each serialized and highly collectable.
- Nothing else required — comes ready-to-run with LiPo battery and charger included.
- Ideal mini monster truck for loyal Losi fans and anyone who wants to try a mini RC.
- Retro styling mimics the 1990 JRXT and reproduces the trim scheme shown on its original box art.
- 5-link suspension provides extra grip for rougher, loamy terrain.
- New motor plate for rear-mounted Jr’s Choice 42-turn motor allows for higher gearing.
- 650mAh LiPo battery provides 10+ minutes of run time.
- 0.5A USB charger plugs into any USB port for easy battery charging.
- Spektrum SLT2 2.4GHz transmitter has a foam wheel grip for precise fingertip control.
- Includes a 20A 2-in-1 ESC and receiver unit.
- Ribbed front and spiked rear tires reproduce the style of the original 1990 JRXT.
- Flat fiberglass chassis provides flex for ease of driving.
- Full ball bearings increase efficiency and performance.
- Aluminum shocks are included for a smooth suspension.
In The Box:
(1) Losi Mini JRXT 1/16 Scale 2WD RTR Monster Truck
(1) Spektrum SLT2 2-Channel 2.4GHz Radio System
(1) 7.4V 650mAh 2S 20C LiPo Hard Case Battery with EC2 Connector
(1) USB LiPo Charger
(4) AA Transmitter Batteries
(1) Product Instruction Manual
Needed to Complete:
- Nothing! Everything you need to begin having fun with the 1/16 Mini JRXT Brushed 2WD is included!
Motor Type: Brushed
Power Type: Electric
Speed Control: Included
Wheelbase: 7.75″ (197 mm)
Gear Pitch: 0.5 MOD
Product Length: 12″ (305 mm)
Connector Type: EC2
Ground Clearance: 1.38″ (35.1 mm)
Motor Size: 42T, 280 Size
Spur Gear: 60T
Suspension: Independent, 5-Link
Differential: Bevel Gear
Vehicle Size: Mini
Product Width: 8.38″ (213 mm)
Technology: SLT Protocol
Ball Bearings: Full
Chassis: 2mm Fiberglass Plate
Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
Drive Type: Forward/Brake/Reverse
Product Height: 5.31″ (135 mm)
Brakes: Integral with ESC
Product Weight: 20.5 oz (580g)
Vehicle Type: Monster Truck
Body: Mini JRXT, Polycarbonate, Painted