With its unrivaled record of 8 World Championship titles, each generation of the Inferno sets the 1/8 Engine Buggy performance standard against which all others are measured. Released in October 2008, the MP9 cemented the Inferno legend with victory at the 12th IFMAR World Championship held in Thailand in 2010 in addition to a 6th Japan National title. To commemorate the 10th anniversary, the latest MP9 TKI4 model has been equipped with a performance boosting selection of optional parts in a semi-assembled chassis kit to create the Inferno MP9 TKI4 10th Anniversary Special Edition Spec A. Key components such as the Big Bore Shocks and gear diff have been assembled by expert Inferno staff and each machine is personally checked by the Inferno’s designer, Yuichi Kanai. Just install the RC system and engine and you will be ready for action with one of the most advanced off-road racing machines ever built.
- Hard coated Threaded Big Shock cases are included as standard and deliver smooth damping function over an extended period while reducing oil contamination. A change to standard f1.3mm×8 hole pistons suits a wider range of course conditions.
- Superior damping characteristics are delivered by the Aeration Cap Set that are included as standard to deliver improved grip and forward traction. Modified lightweight shock bushes optimize shock mounting.
- Upper Front arms are positioned 2mm higher than the TKI4 and features hard front shock stay and hard front upper suspension holder as standard. In addition to optimal camber change during roll, initial steering response is also improved.
- Front C-hub carrier has been modified to increase caster from 13° to 17.5°. This delivers vastly improved stability on bumpy surfaces and tight cornered courses.
- 47T spur gear improves throttle response and acceleration (46T is standard in TKI4).
- Lighter weight bevel shafts on front/center/rear diffs also improve throttle ON/OFF response and braking characteristics.
- Special adhesion method of brake pad to the plate enhances durability and reliability.
Pre-cut clear body balances turning and cornering capability with optimal traction for superior racing performance.
- MP9 TKI4 pre-assembled chassis kit
- Special hard wheels
- Pre-cut clear body
- Fuel tube
- Linkage parts
- Clutch parts
Required For Operation:
- 2ch, 2 servo R/C system for cars
- .21 class engine
- Muffler & manifold
- Tires & inners for 1/8 buggy
- Fuel bottle
- Plug heater
- Starter box
- Batteries for R/C system
- Oil for air cleaner (No.96176 HG air cleaner oil is recommended)
- Paint for body
Chassis Technical Data:
Ground Clearance: 28mm
Wheelbase: 325mm (4 settings / by changing rear hub collar position)
Tread (F/R): 254mm (rear 3, front 2 settings / by replacing bushes)
Tires (F/R): sold separately
Gear Ratio: 11.96:1
Weight: 2,950g approx.
Engine: .21 class (sold separately)