This new buggy features lightweight drivetrain gears, graphite steering knuckle arms, CVD boots, and big bore threaded aluminum shocks. Check out all the features in the official press release below:
Introducing the D812 buggy from the minds at HB! This buggy embodies the latest refinements and improvements that have come directly from the HB racing team for the 2012-2013 racing season.
Starting with the basis of the World Champion D8 buggy, and improving even on the Vice World Champion Hara Edition, the D812 improves the D8 in every way. Monocoque suspension arms allow you to tune the suspension setup for extra flex or more stiffness for a completely new feel to your driving. For faster acceleration and quicker in-air pitch control, the drivetrain gears are lighter. New CVD boots retain grease and keep out dirt to extend the life of your drive axles. Aluminium drive axles, caster blocks and rear hubs improve on the already legendary durability of the D8.
The D812 also features the same ease of maintenance and setup that racers have come to love, such as a one-piece radio tray for easy cleaning, and a single CNC engine mount so you can ‘set and forget’ your gear mesh!
- Centralized chassis weight for superior handling
- Monocoque style suspension arms for strength, stiffness, and ease of cleaning
- HB Big Bore threaded aluminum shocks for excellent suspension control
- Race-optimized steering
- Long stroke shocks for long suspension travel
- Lightweight drivetrain gears have less rotational mass for quicker acceleration
- Lightweight aluminum axles
- Graphite steering knuckle arms
- One-piece engine mount for easy engine installation without resetting gear mesh
- Aluminum front and rear shock towers
- CVD boots to retain grease in axles and keep dirt out
- Adjustable hinge pin heights, kickup, and anti-squat angle
- Adjustable rear toe-in (inboard and outboard)
- Steel skid plate in chassis to extend chassis life
- Aluminum front caster blocks
- Aluminum rear hub carriers
- One-piece radio tray
- Fuel clunk for continuous fuel pick-up even when upside down
- Low-profile air filter
- Front and rear anti-roll bars
- Threaded outer hinge pins
- Steel turnbuckles
- 2012 ROAR National Champion!
Nitro racing buggy kit. Bodyshell, engine, exhaust, electronics, tires and radio system required to complete the car.
HB D812 spec:
Wheelbase: 327mm (adjustable)
#109428 – HB D812 KIT – $1049.00 MSRP 519.99 MAP