Axial® unveils its first scale Ford body — an officially licensed, detailed 1955 Ford F-100 — as the topper for its latest trail performer featuring the SCX10™ II 4X4 chassis.
The SCX10™ II Ford F-100 delivers class-leading performance in a convenient, ready-to-run package. Only batteries and a charger are required. Authentic body details include a front grille with chrome-coated plastic radiator and front-mounted driving lights with LEDs installed. Mounting positions are built-in to add optional LEDs for headlights and turn signal markers. Officially licensed METHOD Hole wheels and Maxxis Trepador tires — plus a working spare — take the realism down to the road.
Performance on the trail lives up to the model’s full-scale inspiration. Waterproof electronics keep the action alive over snow, mud, and more. With its all-metal twin C-channel frame rails, metal-gear transmission, rugged AR44™ axles, full ball bearings, and more, the SCX10™ II Ford F-100 keeps going when the going gets tough!
AR44™ SINGLE PIECE AXLES
AR44™ front and rear axles feature a single-piece design with molded truss for extreme durability. The pinion gear is 6mm above center, adding ground clearance and improving driveshaft angles. The high pinion design also increases surface contact for greater durability. Integrated C-hubs and lockouts offer optimized performance as well as improved ground clearance. Helical, metal cut internal gears and high-quality bearings are standard equipment.
STEEL C-CHANNEL FRAME RAIL CHASSIS
The realistic, high-strength C-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross braces for reinforcement and rigidity. It’s held together with all hex hardware. Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions let you adjust your suspension for maximum performance. Holes have been added to the rear portion of the frame rails for wheelbase adjustments. The contoured skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups, and the simplified design makes maintenance quick and easy.
ADJUSTABLE BATTERY TRAY
The adjustable, easy-access battery tray is lower and further forward for better weight distribution and center of gravity.
- Adjustable tray prevents the battery from coming loose or shifting while driving
- Posts are included to fine-tune the fit for the battery you choose
- Can accommodate batteries up to 32 x 44 x 147mm (3S 5000mAh)
TUBE FRAME BUMPERS
Front and rear bumpers feature realistic tube frame designs and are molded in durable composite plastic material. The front bumper has a bolt-on aluminum skid plate integrated into the lower frame area to help protect components from damage by rocks or other harsh terrain.
MOLDED PLASTIC GRILLE AND SCALE DETAILS
The front grille includes a replica, chrome-coated plastic Ford F-100 radiator and other classic scale details. Two white LEDs are preinstalled in the front mounted driving lights. Additional mounting holes are provided for headlights and turn signal markers.
NOTE: Additional LEDs sold separately.
HINGED BODY SYSTEM
The hinged body system puts on-board components in easy reach. You can access the battery and chassis by simply removing two body clips and swinging the body up.
By creating the bed from four pieces instead of as one, Axial® engineers have given it much greater depth. The inner bed panels have the appearance of bead rolled aluminum sheet metal, just like the real thing. Also included is a functional spare wheel and tire. For a more “truggy” look, the rear fenders can be removed.
A protective rollbar/cage is mounted to the bed and attached to the cab.
1.9 METHOD HOLE WHEELS (SATIN CHROME)
Officially licensed METHOD Hole Wheels offer durability and clean looks. The Hole features a simulated beadlock ring using a strategically placed under-cut on the wheel’s outer lip. It’s clean, simple and METHOD STRONG!
MAXXIS TREPADOR S30 TIRES
The officially licensed Maxxis Trepador tires are molded in S30 compound for a superior grip. Taller than Axial® Ripsaw 1.9 tires, they give you more ground clearance, bump absorption, and ruggedness for smooth, stable performance on your favorite trails.
4-LINK REAR SUSPENSION
The rear suspension geometry uses a 4-link design which is optimized to reduce axle steer and torque twist. It also helps with steep off-camber climbs by having the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics.
- Strong steel links for both suspension and steering
- Large M4 rod ends for durability
AR44 UNIVERSAL AXLE SET
Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain.
- Compact, durable design
- Hardened steel construction
CHASSIS MOUNTED SERVO (CMS)
Just as a full-size truck has its steering box located on the frame, Axial® places the servo mounting location on the chassis. The front suspension provides the correct steering geometry with virtually no bump steer.
- Steel links included with M4 rod ends
- Adjustable servo mounting system allows a wide range of servos to be used
ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SHOCKS
The threaded shock bodies hold a single coilover spring. They are oil-filled and allow you to tune the dampening rate.
- All-new shock towers with body mounts built-in
- Body mounting system allows a larger range of positions and is more solid than before
- No additional spacer is needed when mounting shocks
The ultra-compact transmission accepts a wide range of gearing options. The overall ratio can be adjusted using different pinion and spur gear choices, allowing super high speed or competition-level crawling speed.
- Realistic, detailed transmission housing in a cast-metal look
- Proven AX10™ transmission
- Three gear layout, all-metal gears
- 32-pitch gearing
- Heavy-duty slipper
- Sealed gear cover
DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH
The dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for increased surface area, allowing more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32-pitch gearing for high-torque applications.
WB8 HD WILDBOAR DRIVESHAFTS
WB8 HD Wildboar™ front and rear driveshafts have an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube
- Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes
- 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area to give the ball joint more strength
- Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw method for more durability and easy maintenance
- Adjustable length driveline parts included
35T BRUSHED MOTOR, WATER RESISTANT
Providing an even balance of speed and crawling, the 35-turn brushed motor features a worry-free design with an integrated cooling fan allowing for extended periods of use. Easy operation: no tuning, no fuel, and no loud exhaust noise. Just plug ‘n’ go!
DYNAMITE AE-5L ESC WITH DRAG BRAKE
The Dynamite® AE-5L is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPo and NiMH battery types with a simple jumper.
- LED Light controller built-in with dual LED outputs for headlights/taillights
- Two LED lights included (white)
- Convenient IC3™ plug lead
- Jumper 1 provides a simple choice between LiPo or NiMH
- Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings
- Waterproof design with IC3™ plug / laser-etched heat sink
SPEKTRUM STX2 TRANSMITTER
The STX2® 2-channel radio system offers many features of higher-end 2.4GHz radio systems like throttle/steering travel adjust and throttle limiting.
- Built-in 3-position throttle limiter
- Steering and throttle rate and trim adjustments with throttle and steering reversing
- FHSS 2.4GHz protocol offers extended range and interference-free performance
- AA batteries included
SPEKTRUM S605 SERVO
The Spektrum S605 servo offers 161 oz-in of steering torque and a metal case for strength. It’s waterproof for extra protection against the elements. Torque: 161 oz-in @ 6.0V Speed: 24 sec/60 degrees @ 6.0V
SPEKTRUM SRX200 RECEIVER
The SRX200 is a 2-channel, 2.4 GHz receiver that operates on the FHSS modulation. It’s conformal coated to help prevent damage from water, dust, and other elements, and features an extra-long antenna lead for easy and effective antenna placement.
- Officially licensed 1955 Ford F-100 body is mounted on the proven Axial® SCX10™ II chassis
- Officially licensed METHOD Hole Wheels provide durability and clean looks.
- Officially licensed Maxxis Trepador tires are molded in R30 compound for a superior grip.
- AR44™ front and rear axles feature a single-piece design with molded truss for extreme durability.
- High pinion design adds ground clearance, improves driveshaft angles and increases gear surface contact for greater durability.
- Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for an efficient, high-performance drivetrain.
- Optimized gear ratio of 3.75 reduces the torque twist typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs.
- Realistic, high-strength C-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross braces for reinforcement and rigidity.
- Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions let you adjust your suspension for maximum performance.
- Adjustable battery tray accommodates batteries up to 32 x 44 x 147mm (3S 5000mAh) while improving weight distribution and center of gravity.
- Mounted to the steering servo is a metal servo horn for durability and sharper steering feel.
- Suspension and steering have strong steel links with large M4 rod ends for durability.
- Chassis mounted servo with adjustable servo mounting system improves scale looks.
- Front suspension design nearly eliminates bump steer
- Oil-filled, coilover shocks with threaded shock bodies allow you to tune the dampening rate.
- AX10™ transmission gearing overall ratio can be adjusted using different pinion and spur gear choices, allowing super high speed or competition-level crawling speed.
- Dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for increased surface area, allowing more precise tuning and holding power.
- 3-piece WB8 HD Wildboar™ front and rear driveshafts feature a strengthened slider-floater tube which reduces flex and fatigue.
- Waterproof receiver box located on the side plates allows easy access and low center of gravity.
- Dynamite® AW-5L ESC is 3S LiPo capable, yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPo and NiMH batteries.
Needed to Complete:
- Battery pack with EC3 connector
- Battery charger
- AA batteries (4) for the transmitter
What’s in the Box?
(1) Axial® SCX10™ II 1955 Ford F-100 4WD Ready-to-Run
(1) Spektrum™ STX2® 2.4GHz Radio System
(1) Dynamite® AE-5L Brushed ESC
(1) Axial® 35T 540-Size Brushed Motor
(1) Product manual
Approximate Assembly Time: No assembly required
Ball Bearings: Full set
Batteries: w/EC3 connector (sold separately)
Battery Dimensions: 1.2 x 1.7 x 5.8″ (32 x 44 x 147mm)
Body: Trimmed and finished polycarbonate, vacuum formed interior
Brakes: Integral with electronic speed control
Charger: sold separately
Chassis: Steel C-channel
Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
Differential: Bevel Gear 30T/8T
Drivetrain: 4WD Shaft Drive
Gear Pitch: 32-Pitch
Ground Clearance: 3.0″ (77mm)
Height: 9.6″ (245mm)
Length: 19.25″ (489mm)
Motor Size: 540
Motor Type: Brushed
Radio: Spektrum STX200
Servos: Spektrum S605 metal gear waterproof chassis mounted steering servo
Shock Type: Coil-over 2.5 – 3.5″ (61-90mm) plastic body
Speed Control: Dynamite AE-5L 3S LiPo capable, w/LED light controller
Spur Gear: 56T
Suspension: Solid axle front and rear, 4-link design for rear
Tire Compound: S30
Tire Diameter: 4.6″ (116.8mm)
Tire Tread: Maxxis Trepador
Track: Front and Rear, 9.1″ (230mm) distance from outer edges of wheels measured side-to-side
Vehicle Type: Scale 4×4 crawler
Weight: 4.5lbs (2.04kg)
Wheel Diameter: 1.9″ (48mm)
Wheel Hex Size: 12mm Hex
Wheel Type: Injection molded
Wheel Width: 1.0″ (25mm)
Wheelbase: 12.3″ (313mm)
Width: 9.5″ (241mm)
#AXI03001T1 – 1/10 SCX10 II 1955 Ford F-100 Truck 4WD RTR, Brown – $409.99
#AXI03001T2 – 1/10 SCX10 II 1955 Ford F-100 Truck 4WD RTR, Green – $409.99