Add a new name to the lineup of versatile 1/24 scale SCX24™ vehicles from Axial® — one that also looks back to the very beginning of Axial® crawling. The SCX24™ B-17 Betty™ 4WD is a micro scale model that celebrates Axial® Racing’s 15th year of RC adventuring by bringing back the legacy body, Rock Lizard tires and Rockster wheels of the original AX10 Scorpion. Fully ready-to-run, it will please new RC drivers and long-time Axial® enthusiasts alike with classic crawling performance plus Limited Edition collectability.
Every SCX24™ B-17 Betty™ is one-of-a-kind, adding to the value of your purchase. It arrives in a specially designed collector’s box with scale garage artwork. You’ll find a commemorative coin inside that features the Axial® 15-Year Anniversary logo, in an attractive case and available only with this model. Each RTR’s finished body includes a 15-year anniversary decal, and its chassis side rail is laser-etched with the anniversary logo and your model’s unique production number.
Although highly collectible, the SCX24™ B-17 Betty™ is meant for more than just admiring on display. Any location, indoors or outside, can become an exciting crawling challenge. If you’re stuck at work and need a break, crawl across your desk. For younger drivers, a messy room becomes the perfect obstacle course. Thanks to its water-resistant electronics, you can run the B-17 Betty™ outdoors without worries. Grab some twigs and marble-sized rocks, dig a few holes, and in minutes you’ve got a course to conquer.
Like the 1/10 scale SCX10™ platform, the SCX24™ chassis features rugged, sturdy steel C-channel frame rails with bracing to keep components intact and aligned. Steel dogbones and front and rear axles provide strength and durability for tough climbs and rough trails. Even at this small scale, the combination of coilover shocks and durable plastic suspension links delivers the crawling performance you know and expect from Axial®.
The SCX24™ B-17 Betty™ body’s scale looks are topped off by two LED lights in the front bumper and Rockster wheels with Rock Lizard tires. The ready-to-run package includes the factory-assembled and finished vehicle, 2-channel radio, servo, ESC/receiver unit, 88T brushed motor, 7.4V 350mAh 2S LiPo battery and charger. Even “AA” transmitter batteries are included!
The front and rear differentials of the SCX24™ B-17 Betty™ use a worm drive gear setup to transfer power to the axles. An improvement over high-pinion axles, they also increase ground clearance to avoid hang-ups on rough terrain.
STEEL FRAME RAILS
Just like the 1/10 scale SCX10™ platform, the 1/24 scale SCX24™ chassis includes sturdy C-channel frame rails with bracing to keep all components intact and properly aligned.
FRONT AND REAR SOLID AXLES
Axial® engineering gives the B-17 Betty™ tremendous toughness for its 1/24 scale size. Its front and rear axles feature a durable two-piece, molded plastic solid axle design.
DURABLE STEEL AXLES
Steel dogbones, steel front and rear axles and front stub axles provide the strength and durability to keep the SCX24™ B-17 Betty™ on the move over rough trails and tough climbs.
SPLINED DRIVE SHAFTS
The front and rear drive shafts are splined and sleeved to allow for maximum suspension travel while getting power to the wheels.
3-LINK FRONT/4-LINK REAR SUSPENSION
For optimal handling, the SCX24™ suspension features a durable three-link front and four-link rear suspension setup.
Even at 1/24 scale, the B-17 Betty™ 4WD’s coilover shocks with simulated reservoirs and durable plastic suspension links deliver the crawling performance you expect from Axial®.
The SCX24™ B-17 Betty™ body is based on that of the legacy AX10 Scorpion. Adding to its scale appeal are two LED lights in the front bumper and Rock Lizard tires on Rockster wheels.
COMMEMORATIVE COIN WITH CASE
There’s only one place to get this special Axial® 15-Year Anniversary coin — and that’s with the Limited Edition SCX24™ B-17 Betty™ ready-to-run model.
LIMITED EDITION MODEL
Each Limited Edition vehicle’s chassis side rail is laser-etched with its unique production number and the Axial® 15th Anniversary logo. It also comes packaged in a specially designed collector box with scale garage artwork inside.
- Limited edition — with unique production number and 15th anniversary logo laser-etched into chassis side rail
- Specially designed collector box with scale garage artwork and exclusive Axial® 15-Year Anniversary coin, available only with this vehicle
- Factory-assembled and ready-to-run, with 2-channel radio, 88T brushed motor, servo, ESC/receiver unit and AA transmitter batteries
- Realistic new body design based on the legacy AX10 Scorpion
- Two LED lights in front bumper for night driving
- Rock Lizard tires mounted on black Rockster wheels with green-painted beadlock to match the body trim
- True full-time 4-wheel drive
- Durable 3-link front/4-link rear suspension and coilover shocks for optimal handling and Axial®-quality crawling performance
- Worm drive gears in front and rear differentials increase ground clearance
- Sturdy steel C-channel frame rails with bracing for added strength and proper alignment
- Durable steel axles provide strength and durability to match tough climbs and rough trails
- Tilt-open battery access with one body clip removal
- 2-Year limited warranty (see product manual for details)
In The Box:
(1) Axial® SCX24™ B-17 Betty™ Limited Edition RTR
(1) Axial® AX-4 2.4GHz 2-Channel Radio System
(1) Axial® AS-1 Servo (installed)
(1) Axial® AE-6 ESC/Receiver Combo (installed)
(1) Dynamite® 88T Brushed Electric Motor (installed)
(1) Dynamite® 350mAh 2S LiPo 7.4V Battery
(1) USB Charger
(4) AA Batteries for Transmitter
(1) Product Manual
(1) Commemorative Limited Edition Coin
Needed to Complete:
- Nothing — comes ready-to-run with everything needed
Approximate Assembly Time: No assembly required
Body: Trimmed and painted
Brakes: Integral with ESC
Chassis: Stamped steel rails
Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
Differential: Worm Gear 16T/4T
Drive Type: Forward/Brake/Reverse
Front Track: 4.2″ (106.5mm)
Power Type: Electric
Ground Clearance: 1.06″ (27mm)
Motor Type: Brushed
Product Height: 3.9″ (99 mm)
Product Length: 7.8″ (198 mm)
Product Weight: 0.5 lb (0.22kg)
Product Width: 4.2″ (107 mm)
Rear Track: 4.2″ (106.5mm)
Shock Type: Plastic body, Coil-over .9-1.3 in (24-33.4mm)
Speed Control: Included
Spur Gear: 55T
Suspension: Solid axle, front and rear
Vehicle Type: Rock Crawler
Wheelbase: 5.25″ (133.5mm)
#AXI00004 – $139.99