We have redesigned the hexes so they can be cranked down with confidence and we have lowered the price from $24 to $20! Basically for the price of (1) kit axle replacement, you get two axles that allow you to run any wheel easily and two eye catching hexes!!! As for the Shock and Turnbuckle tool, we already adjusted the shape on the last release for a better feel but this time around we have lowered the price from $12 to $10.
Kyosho HD Long Rear Axle Conversion
AVID engineers shouted “Enough!” after witnessing one too many Kyosho rear axle failures. We went into the lab and studied the design to see how we could stop those pesky DNFs for our Kyosho customers, and we guarantee you won’t break our Heavy-Duty Long Rear Axle. The Kyosho HD Long rear axle conversion fits the Rb6.6, RB6, RB5, ZX-6, ZX-5, SC, & SC6. To top it off, AVID is able to sell our HD replacement axles as a pair for $15.00 which is the price you pay for a single kit replacement axle.
- IMPORTANT: If using Kyosho V2 Aluminum Rear Hubs, you must run the gold crush tubes that came with your kit.
- In order to use the stock RB6 rear wheels, you will need to drill them out to fit over the larger axle. We recommend a body reamer from the inside and it will do the job nicely.
- AVID HD Long Axles can only be used with AVID HD Rear Hex Adapters.
- Hexes require you to tighten the screw very snug to keep hex on.
- No-Break Guarantee! Send a broken AVID axle back for a replacement. AVID HD Long Axles are guaranteed not to break into two pieces. Normal wear and tear of the CV joint is not covered, so after your axles wear out, you still need to buy new ones. If you land a jump and snap an axle (or in any other way snap an axle) send in the broken parts (or 1/2 will do) and we’ll replace it. All replacements are at the discretion of AVID Racing Concepts but we have a simple rule that we go by: Broken= Guaranteed Replacement. Not Broken = You need to buy new axles, it’s just worn out.
- Extended Threads for perfect fit with aftermarket buggy rear wheels by AVID, Pro-Line, AKA, JConcepts, etc…
- Precision Stress-Proof Steel Axles work with Kyosho swing shafts.
- 1.5mm (or 1/16″) drive pin replaces 2mm cross pin for increased strength, along with all sharp corners removed.
- 12mm Hexes are Laser Etched and includes Chamfered Edge for easy wheel installation.
- Fits RB6.6, RB6, RB5, ZX-6, ZX-5, SC, & SC6.
- Set includes 2 rear axles, 2 aluminum clamping hex adapters, 2 AVID solid axle pins, 2 SS Screws, 1 AVID decal.
#AV1041-CONV – Kyosho HD Long Rear Axle Conversion V2 RB6 – $20.00
#AV1041-AXLE – Kyosho HD Long Rear Axle V2 (2) RB6 – $12.00
#AV1041-HEX-RR – Kyosho HD Rear Hex Adapter V2 (2) RB6 – $9.00
Kyosho Shock and Turnbuckle Tool V2
AVID has made a must-have tool for all racers running Kyosho 10th scale. The V2 version has been improved ergonomically to make your life easier and increase your style points at the track.
- Fits lower shock cartridge on Kyosho 12mm Big-Bore shocks
- Ergonomically designed handles aid in turnbuckle adjustment and shock bleeding process. Won’t slip or spin like plastic wrenches.
- 3.5 and 5.5 mm wrench ends fit both size Kyosho Turnbuckles as well as 5.5mm hex nuts.
- 6061 Aluminum alloy, black anodized with silver edges and laser etched logo.
- Each package includes 1 tool and 1 AVID mini decal sheet.
#AV1040-V2 – $10.00