Tamiya’s got a whole gang of new releases at the Nuremberg Toy Fair (see them all on our New Cars & Gear page), including this latest offering on the affordable TT-02 platform. The Ferrari 458 lands on the D-spec version of the chassis, and that means drift! Full details from Tamiya below.
This is a special release of the Ferrari 458 Challenge. The gorgeous Ferrari 458 Challenge body is paired with the TT-02D chassis to make it a thrilling drift spec radio control model. The 458 Challenge was released by the legendary Italian motor giant in 2009, a 4500cc V8 engine-powered racetrack-only monster based upon the 458 Italia street car.
The TT-02 chassis on which this Ferrari is mounted on is an amazing machine. The TT-02 chassis is an entry level 4WD full independent suspension assembly kit that offers ease of assembly and easy maintenance. The TT-02D is the Drift Spec variant that includes special parts to make it a fun to drive drifting machine.
- 1/10 R/C car assembly kit.
- The sleek form of the 458 Challenge is recreated by the lightweight and durable polycarbonate body.
- Includes LEDs, which can be installed in the body’s front and rear light cases for a super-realistic finish.
- Includes slightly updated marking stickers, plus masking stickers for use when painting the body.
- The TT-02D is the specially tuned drift spec variant of the popular shaft-driven 4WD TT-02 chassis.
- Features 24mm width drift-spec tires on metal-plated mesh wheels, CVA oil dampers, full ball bearings, a sport-tuned motor and aluminum motor heat sink.
- Includes the Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (brushless motor and brushed motor compatible)
Requires: 2-channel radio, 7.2V battery and charger and polycarbonate paint.
93042 – MSRP $296.00