Since the B44′s debut, Team Associated’s four-wheeler has gone on to win three IFMAR World titles and four ROAR nats wins–so yeah, it works. Newly updated as the B44.3 Factory Team kit, the top-shelf buggy is now built on an aluminum chassis for an even lower CG, and the chassis’ specially machined design and new “floating” motor and servo mounts are designed to allow the right amount of handling-enhancing torsional flex. Front-motor and rear-motor setups can be used to tailor weight distribution, and JConcepts supplies the Finnisher X-Flow bodywork. Lots of other features too, have a look at the press release after the pics for all the details.
The B44.3 update moves the B44 from a plastic chassis to this artfully-machined aluminum slab.
Here’s the “floating” motor mount. Note how the motor is cantilevered over the chassis, while the motor mount is secured by two screws centered on the chassis. This prevents the chassis from being torsionally stiffer in one direction than another.
The servo also “floats”–you can see how the right side of the mount does not bolt to the chassis. Instead, a carbon fiber brace holds the servo over the chassis.
The B44.3′s 12mm big-bore shocks are well proven.
The chassis can be configured with a front-motor (top) or rear-motor layout to adjust weight bias.
The front and rear gear differentials have machined steel ring, pinion, and planetary gears. The B44.3 also accepts the previous-generation VTS slipper clutch and ball differentials for additional tuning posibilities.
The RC10B44 has created a winning legacy with three I.F.M.A.R. World Championships, four R.O.A.R. National titles, and countless regional wins to its credit! Since winning the 2013 I.F.M.A.R. World Championships, the designers behind the doors of Area 51 set out to further improve the B44 and take it to an even higher level of performance.
Enter the RC10B44.3 Factory Team Kit, the latest evolution of Team Associated’s 1:10 4WD electric off road competition buggy. The most significant changes are found on the new hard-anodized aluminum chassis, which helps lower the center of gravity to improve handling and durability. The chassis has been designed to have symmetrical torsional flex to improve handling consistency — the new floating motor mount, floating servo mount, and chassis machining help to provide the desired flex symmetry.
Power and traction have continued to improve, so the B44.3’s drivetrain has been built up and refined to keep up with the demand of today’s high-traction off-road tracks. A set of four precision CVA’s transfer the power from the gear differentials via ball bearings throughout the car.
Now the B44.3 is even more adaptable to multiple racing conditions with the adjustable weight bias feature. Weight bias can be significantly altered by using either the front motor configuration with a saddle pack or the rear motor configuration with a shorty pack. The B44.3 is also backwards compatible with the previous generation VTS slipper clutch (not included) and ball differentials (not included), making the B44.3 extremely versatile and adaptable to any track condition.
Factory Team V2 12mm big bore shocks have improved smoothness, improving suspension travel and increasing overall traction. Lastly, the B44.3 comes with the latest JConcepts Finnisher X-Flow body and AE 6.5” high downforce wing.
The RC10B44.3 has been given all of the design advantages that only a winning pedigree like Team Associated can provide. If you are ready to take your 1:10 4WD off-road program up to the next level, the B44.3 is ready to take you there!
- Hard-anodized aluminum chassis and 7075-T6 floating motor mount allows for front or rear motor configurations
- New molded battery trays accommodate 2S saddle or shorty battery pack configurations and feature a quick-change strap with locking thumb knobs
- New front and rear carbon-fiber top decks and floating servo mount improves symmetrical chassis flex
- Center gear differential has independent fluid cap for quick and easy fluid or gear changes
- JConcepts Finnisher X-flow body
- Factory Team 0 deg. 7075-T6 aluminum rear hubs with oversize outer bearing
- Factory Team V2 12mm Big Bore threaded aluminum shocks with 3mm shock shafts, molded caps with bleed screws, and updated O-rings for improved smoothness
- Full CVAs and ball bearing drivetrain
- Factory Team 12mm blue aluminum rear clamping hexes and 12mm hex rear wheels
- Factory Team blue titanium turnbuckles, aluminum servo mounts, aluminum shock pivot balls and rear anti-roll bar included
- Front and rear gear differentials have machined steel ring, pinion, and planetary gears
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Buggy
Scale Size: 1:10 Scale
Assembly Level: Kit*
Length: 378mm (14.88in)
Wheelbase: 284mm (11.18in)
* This vehicle comes as a kit and must be fully assembled by the user. Electronics and/or an engine/motor may be required.
Required to Complete:
- RC 2-channel surface frequency radio system
- Batteries: 2S, 7.4V LiPo saddle or Shorty battery pack
- Battery charger (peak detection charger recommended)
- Electronic speed control
- RC electric motor
- Pinion gear
- Steering servo
- Recommended: tools, paint for polycarbonate body, glue for tires.
#9063 – $379.98 MAP
Available: September 2014