Futaba’s successor to the 4PKSR is the 4PX, and as you might expect for a $550 radio system, it’s loaded to the gills with tech–not the least of which is its new, super-sized color display. Futaba claims 30% faster response compared to the 4PKSR, and the 4PX will be compatible with T-FHSS, S-FHSS and FASST receivers. The radio also “talks” with a synthesized voice to relay telemetry data, and you won’t be running out of sensor slots anytime soon–the 4PX was 31! Expect a sturdy feel thanks to an internal aluminum frame, and if you prefer a drop-down wheel, Futaba plans to offer the option as an accessory. Look for the 4PX to hit stores by the end of Summer.
Official Futaba hype below, specs subject to change.
The 4PX is the latest Futaba 4-channel radio – and it’s the most cutting-edge one yet! Not only is the 4PX 30% faster than the 4PKS-R, it also features a 3.5″ (89 mm) TFT (Thin Film Transistor) full-color display, synthesized voice for telemetry data, improved weight distribution and compatibility with T-FHSS, S-FHSS and FASST receivers.
- 30% faster and 0.5 oz (15 g) lighter than the 4PKS-R.
- 3.5″ (89 mm) QVGA (Quarter Video Graphics Array) TFT (Thin Film Transistor) color LCD screen makes navigation and programming fast and simple.
- Three grip thickness options (two included).
- Durable, long-life trigger and wheel potentiometers.
- Adjustable, rigid throttle trigger.
- Two trigger options.
- Large, assignable switch that can be touched by a driver’s body is on the bottom edge of the transmitter.
- Low steering wheel position with drop-down option.
- Compatible with T-FHSS, S-FHSS and FASST™ receivers.
- 31 telemetry sensor slots available (sensors sold separately).
- Synthesized voice for telemetry data.
- Multiple crawler functions — including 4WS mixing and Dual ESC mixing.
- Comfortable feel/balance.
- Internal aluminum frame.
- 5 programmable mixes.
- 40-model memory.
- Steering wheel can be switched for left-handed drivers.
- Multi-function jog switch.
- Grip with built-in vibration.
- Built-in S.Bus servo/Futaba ESC/telemetry sensor programmer.
- Mechanical ATL.
- 32° and 34° wheel adapters.
- Adjustable, built-in antenna.
- Micro memory card slot.
- Free user-updateable software.