New Team Associated Vehicle Rumors

Jan 21, 2011 13 Comments by

We’ve heard numerous rumors regarding Team Associated’s famed Area 51 design area and an all-new vehicle. Speculation has been all over the proverbial map on this one with talk of everything from a 1/5-scale desert truck to a dirt bike to a dirt oval car to a NASTRUCK style racer. Regardless of the wild predictions, you can find the real deal here at RC Car Action. Stay tuned and check back often as you can bet we’ll have the scoop.

Featured News, Product News

13 Responses to “New Team Associated Vehicle Rumors”

1. Mike L says:

I think it will be a 4wd SC10…jmo ;)

2. Russ says:

Unfortunately, manufacturers use these tactics unsuccessfully to build up hype for a new revision or slight modification of an existing platform.

Just like the boy who cried wolf, I don’t really get excited about these countdown hype announcements anymore… (except maybe RCCA’s revamp…).

The market dictates that the platform will be (and in order of probability):

1. 1/8 scale based on Worlds platforms
    2. 1/10 scale 4×4 SC
    3. 1/10 scale 2×4 buggy to challenge Losi’s latest offering

and in my wildest hopes and dreams….

Another major manufacturer that jumps into 1/5 scale.

Matt, I have to ask you, what is keeping other major manufacturers out of 1/5 scale right now? Do you know of anything in development?

3. Anonymous says:

i also think 1/10 4wd sc. i hope thats what it is. dont think it’l be a 2wd buggy as they already have the b4, an b4.1. short course is not just a fad, i beleive it’s here to stay. me thinks associated also has been patient, with the market analysis. It has to be a 4wd short course truck.

4. Kyle says:

I am about 80% sure it will be a 4×4 SC just look at the picture underneath haha

5. Ray Ray 1337 says:

if it is im gonna be mad because i just bought an SC8e

6. copter58 says:

With Losi just releasing their 4x4SC, it’d be kinda stupid for AE to not come out with something that competes. I would love for my SC10 to have a 4×4 sibling!

7. Kevin K. says:

the only thing losi has going for it is the eight SERIES of “racing” vehicle because it can “compete”. Team Associated is bar none the best company around for true racing vehicles.

8. Kyle says:

New hint to the Associated Area 51 car: “4 wheels never had it so good” What do you think it is??? I know;)

9. Anonymous says:

Knowing AE it will be anounset but you wont see it for over a year!

10. Mark L says:

come on guys …….TA come out with something NEW yeah right ……..what will it be based on ????? a b44 or rc8b……no thanks

11. David Bowman/ Turtle Dave says:

I can’t think of ANYTHING more exciting than AE releasing a 1/5 scale truck!! Now that Losi threw their hat in the ring, we definitely need AE to do the same. I think MOST people don’t realize how BIG 1/5 scale has become.

12. KEVIN says: