The fun only starts where the road ends.
The Axial® Wraith™ 1.9 4×4 is a new, 1/10 scale, ready-to-run platform that delivers it all —technical rock crawling prowess and detailed scale looks. Take the wheel and take command over mud, rocks, and sand!
At its foundation is the first full tube frame chassis in RC, providing the durability you need for action on tough terrain. Refining the proven 2.2 Wraith chassis design, Axial improved the ground clearance for this version by reducing the size of its skid plate and lower rails. Boatsides on the skid plate improve handling by helping the vehicle slip through and past obstacles.
Your battery mounts at the front of the chassis, for easy access and to provide the best weight distribution for aggressive climbing. For scale looks, Axial moved the servo off the top of the axle and onto the chassis – just as a full-size truck has its steering box located on the frame.
The Wraith 1.9 truck’s drivetrain uses a powerful brushed 540 motor to turn its proven front and rear, single piece AR44™ axles. The pinion gear is 6mm above center, raising the ground clearance and improving driveshaft angles. Axial boosts the overall strength with metal gear construction; large, flex-reducing load bearings; increased gear surface contact; and a gear ratio that’s optimized to reduce torque twist.
Adjustable oil-filled, coil over shocks allow you to tune dampening for the best handling on any track. Molded from durable S30 compound, the officially licensed Nitto Grappler tires have a large block tread that gets excellent bite on a wide range of surfaces.
The Wraith 1.9 truck looks ready to climb mountains even when it’s standing still. At the front end of its polycarbonate body you’ll find a molded plastic grille, radiator detail, and two large, LED-equipped headlights. Raise the hood and you’ll see a replica V8 engine tucked in front of he chassis battery mount. That V8 isn’t just for show. It’s also a rugged receiver box that guards the model’s Spektrum™ SRX200 receiver from water, dust, and debris.
The Axial Wraith 1.9 RTR comes factory-assembled and requires only a battery pack with IC3™ connector, compatible battery charger, and four AAs for the included Spektrum 2.4GHz transmitter. It’s easy enough for new RC hobbyists, with the design sophistication to take experienced drivers on incredible adventures far beyond the end of the road.
TUBE CHASSIS & FORWARD MOUNTED BATTERY TRAY
The foundation of the Wraith™ 1.9 platform is this new, full tube frame chassis with the durability you’ll need for action on, up and over the rocks. The chassis places your battery in front, allowing easy access and providing the perfect weight distribution for aggressive climbing.
SKID PLATE AND BOAT SIDES
Refining the successful 2.2 Wraith chassis design, we increased the ground clearance for this version by reducing the size of its skid plate and lower rails. Boat sides on the skid plate improve handling on rough terrain by helping the model slip through and past obstacles.
PROTECTIVE INNER FENDER WELLS
Molded inner fender wells help to reduce routine maintenance by keeping dirt and debris kicked up by the tires from entering the chassis. They’re another example of Axial ingenuity: the wells double as part of the battery tray and feature simulated cooling vents for added realism.
V8 ENGINE SCALE DETAILS
Gaining access to the model’s on-board electronics is as simple as pulling out two body clips and raising the hood. Inside and out, we found clever ways to enhance the scale looks. The molded V8 engine replica seen here, for example, is actually a protective waterproof receiver box.
ADJUSTABLE BATTERY TRAY
The new adjustable battery tray is now relocated lower and further forward for better weight distribution and center of gravity (COG).
Adjustable tray that prevents the battery from coming loose or shifting while driving.
Can accommodate batteries up to 32x44x147mm (3S 5,000 mAh).
In the box you’ll find two highly detailed turbochargers. Install them under the hood for added scale realism!(Two turbochargers included but not installed. Hardware for installation not included.)
MOLDED PLASTIC GRILLE AND RADIATOR
The body’s front end is highlighted by a molded plastic grille and two large, 5mm lamps with factory-installed LEDs — for realism that continues to shine when the sun goes down! Clear rectangular lenses cover two smaller, 3mm holes (LEDs for these are not included). The Axial attention to scale realism is on display throughout the Wraith 1.9 RTR’s front end. Look closely into the front grille, for example, and you’ll notice additional molded detail that reproduces an intricate honeycomb of radiator cooling fins.
1.9 KMC XD229 MACHETE CRAWL WHEELS
Officially licensed KMC XD Machete wheels are legendary in the off-road world. They are molded in satin silver and feature stunning scale detailing on the front and a standard 12mm hex on the back.
- 26mm (1.02′) wide
- 53.9mm (2.12′) tall
1.9 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER M/T TIRE (S30)
The officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Tires offer a fantastic blend of off-road performance while still retaining excellent composure for on-road use. They are molded in our durable S30 compound with large blocks that provide excellent bite when the going gets tough!
- 4.7′ x 1.9′ (119.4mm x 48.2mm)
- S30 Compound
CHASSIS MOUNTED SERVO (CMS)
Scale matters, but so does geometry! In pursuit of scale looks, we’ve moved the servo off the top of the axle and onto the chassis, just as a full size truck has its steering box located on the frame. The front suspension design also helps eliminate bump steer as much as possible for the best driving experience.
4-LINK REAR SUSPENSION
The suspension geometry utilizes a 4-Link design for the rear which is optimized to reduce axle steer and torque twist. It also helps with steep off-camber climbs by having the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics.
ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SHOCKS
The threaded shock bodies hold a single coilover spring. They are oil filled and allow you to tune the dampening rate.
WB8 HD WILDBOAR™ DRIVESHAFTS
WB8 HD Wildboar™ front and rear driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube.
- Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability/easy maintenance.
- Adjustable length driveline parts included in box.
The ultra compact, all metal gear transmission allows for a wide range of gearing choices. The overall ratio can be adjusted using different pinion and spur gear choices, allowing super high speed or competition level crawling.
- Final drive ratio (FDR) 42.00 — Original SCX10 was 33.06
DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH
Our dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
SPEKTRUM™ STX2® TRANSMITTER
The STX2 2-channel radio system offers many features of higher-end 2.4GHz radio systems like throttle/steering reversing, throttle/steering travel adjust & throttle limiting.
- Built-in 3-position throttle limiter
- Steering & throttle rate & trim adjustments with throttle and steering reversing
- FHSS 2.4GHz protocol offers extended range and interference free performance
SPEKTRUM™ SRX200 RECEIVER
The SRX200 is a 2 channel 2.4GHz receiver that operates on the FHSS modulation. It is conformal coated to help prevent damage from water, dust and other elements. Features an extra-long antenna lead for easy and effective antenna placement.
35T BRUSHED ELECTRIC MOTOR, WATER RESISTANT
Providing an even balance of speed and crawling, the 35-turn brushed motor features a worry-free design with an integrated cooling fan allowing for extended periods of use. Easy operation: no tuning, no fuel, and no loud exhaust noise. Just plug ‘n’ go!
METAL GEAR TACTIC SERVO, 151 oz-in, WATER RESISTANT
The included Tactic TSX45 metal gear servo is rated at 151 oz-in of torque for massive turning power and dual ball bearings provide smooth and precise movement for the metal gear train.
DYNAMITE® AE-5L ESC W/ DRAG BRAKE, WATERPROOF
The Dynamite AE-5L ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPo and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no more complex procedures.
- LED Light controller built-in with dual LED outputs for headlights/taillights.
- Two LED lights included (white)
- Convenient IC3™ plug lead.
- Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.
- Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings.
- Waterproof design with IC3™ plug / laser etched heat sink.
- Chassis: Impact resistant high-strength composite plastic full tube frame, front positioned battery tray for easier access and better weight distribution, new lower rails and skid plate for added clearance
- Drive: Four wheel shaft with WB8 HD Wildboar front and rear driveshafts with updated design for added strength, center splined slider floats between each end and has added material which reduces flex and fatigue
- Slipper Clutch: Dual slipper design with pad on each side of spur gear to increase surface area, 32-pitch gearing for high-torque applications
- Differentials: Bevel gear
- Axles: AR44 single piece high-pinion gear 6mm above center for added ground clearance and better driveshaft angles, optimized gear ratio reduces axle torque twist, metal gears, one-piece all metal locker front and rear, larger load bearings used around gear set reduce flex
- Motor: 540 size, 35T brushed, integrated cooling fan
- Radio: Spektrum STX2 2-ch
- Electronic Speed Control: Dynamite AE-5L, switchable between LiPo and NiMH batteries with a jumper, LED head light and tail light output
- Steering Servo: Tactic TSX45 151oz/in high torque, metal gear, dual ball bearing, chassis mounted
- Receiver Box: Accessed under hood, shaped like a V8 engine
- Suspension: Multi-link solid axle, 4-link design for rear optimized to reduce axle steer and torque twist
- Shocks Oil-filled clear coat polished aluminum body King shocks with precision machined pistons, pre-load tuning, and ride height adjustable
- LED Lights: AE-5L 2-white-4-white and 2-red
- Body: Molded polycarbonate with molded plastic grille, molded inner fender wells keep dirt from entering chassis
- Tires: Licensed Nitto Grappler, large block tread, sticky R35 firmness compound
- Wheels: KMC Machete XD229, mounting Bead Diameter 1.02″ (26mm) wide, outer diameter 2.12″ (53.9mm), plastic construction with satin silver finish
- Warranty: Horizon Hobby, LLC (Horizon) warrants to the original purchaser that the product purchased (the “Product”) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.
RTR Axial Wraith 1.9 1/10 scale Electric Powered, Radio Controlled Off-Road Crawler with Radio System, Motor, ESC, LED Lights, trimmed and painted Body and Instruction Manual
- Battery: One 2-3S LiPo battery w/IC3 connector, or one 5-9 cell NiMH battery w/IC3 connector
- Battery Charger: Compatible with selected battery
- AA Batteries: Four for transmitter
- LiPo charging bag (if using LiPo battery) tools and track equipment
Length: 17.8″ (451.6mm)
Width: 8.8″ (223.3mm)
Height: 8.8″ (223.3mm)
Weight: 4.65lb (2.1kg)
Ground Clearance: 2.7″ (68mm)
Wheelbase: 12.13″ (308mm)
Internal Gear Ratio: 2.6:1
Final Drive Ratio: 42:1
Gear Pitch: 32P
Spur Gear: 56T
Pinion Gear: 13T