“The SCT410.3 leapfrogs over the 4×4 SC competition in terms of performance, durability, and value,” says Tekno. Sounds good to us! Tekno already had a hot 4X4 with the previous-gen truck, and the new point-three looks like an even more serious short-course track weapon. It’s due in April, look for a review in RCCA.
See the bullets after the pics for details, and for ALL the info and specs, check out the SCT410.3 in our Hot News & New Stuff forum
Looks tough, right? You can’t tell by looking at the fully assembled truck, but the 4mm chassis is CNC’d for lightness.
Front and rear suspension geometry is new, and the V2 hingepin brace system increases adjustability. New longer rear arms are paired with reduced-offset rear hubs.
The big-bore shocks incorporate bleed screws into the caps and attach well outboard on the arms.
Everything is robustly built, Tekno-style.
Note the flat-bottom arms with droop screws.
It’s almost a shame to cover it up with a body…
From Tekno RC:
SCT410.3 New Features and Improvements:
- The diffs feature smoother gears and a new 1-piece composite diff cross pin.
- The old steel driveshaft has been replaced with a new tapered aluminum design.
- All of the outdrives and couplers are now lightened.
- Angled rear gearbox with larger bearings is now standard.
- Results – dramatically reduced rotating mass, improved acceleration and efficiency.
- All new front and rear suspension geometry.
- New reduced height front and rear shock towers.
- New V2 hinge pin brace system for incredible adjustability.
- New front arms feature a flat bottom for increased durability and clearance.
- New rear arms feature the flat bottom but are also 4mm longer.
- New rear hubs with reduced offset to match the longer rear arms.
- New longer rear sway bar.
- New clamping spring perches with captured shock boots.
- New droop adjustment screws are now standard.
- Results – lower CG, increased adjustability, increased stability, and increased consistency.
Weight, Durability, and other Improvements:
- Lightened black anodized 4mm CNC chassis is now standard.
- Aluminum pivot balls throughout.
- Aluminum suspension and spindle bushings are now standard.
- New lighter camber link rod ends and turnbuckles.
- LCG Lightened Motor mount is now standard.
- M5 stub axles are now standard.
- Split center diff mount makes maintenance a breeze.
- Lightened metal clamping 12mm wheel hexes are now standard.
- Revised front bumper increases ground clearance.
- Larger 6x13x5mm (vs. 6x12x4mm) outer wheel bearings front and rear increases durability.
- Spindles feature adjustable stops for more precise steering control.
- Compatibility with existing parts and options.
- Results – lower CG, improved handling, improved acceleration, and improved durability.
TKR5507 – $399.99
Available: April 2015