Tamiya Racing Factory or “TRF” kits are always ultra-high qual, and the latest additions to the TRF line are as jewel-like as their predecessors. This round includes the TRF211XM mid-motor buggy, and TRF102 F1 car. Both are no-expense-spared competition cars, as the specs below will confirm. Expect these beautiful machines to hit stores in June.
Click pics to enlarge, and for your daily dose of new RC gear, bookmark our Hot News & New Stuff forum.
42288 1/10 R/C TRF211XM Chassis Kit
This is the latest evolution of Tamiya’s flagship 2WD racing buggy. The TRF211XM chassis is a high-spec off-road buggy designed to compete in top-end racing, with the grip and road holding to take on the very best that this seriously competitive arena has to offer. It features a whole host of newly-designed parts, including a plastic lower deck specially produced to offer sublime balance. This seriously speedy buggy is unfazed by bumpy, undulating off-road surfaces.
- TRF211XM Plastic tub Lower Deck
- Carbon Battery Plate (2.5mm)
- Brass Suspension Mount Rear F
- Big Bore Dampers (Front/Rear)
- Lightweight Body & Rear Wing
- Rear Stiffener
- Aluminum Battery Stoppers
- Aluminum Gearbox (choice of ball and gear diff units)
- Drive Shafts w/Axle Rings
- Carbon Battery Stiffener (2.0mm)
- Carbon Rear Damper Stay (4.0mm)
- Cooling Pressure Plate
- 1/10 scale R/C 2WD buggy chassis assembly kit.
- New lightweight resin bathtub chassis offers excellent balance of rigidity and flexibility.
- It can be used with a wide variety of battery pack types including separate type battery pack, or a combination of straight type battery pack and a low-profile servo.
- Rear stiffener and battery stiffener parts are attached to each other during assembly, improving rear rigidity.
- 4-wheel double wishbone suspension is paired with big bore aeration dampers.
- Includes lightweight 0.6mm thickness body from RC Body set Item 84374 and wing.
- Comes with durable brass Rear F suspension mount.
- Universal drive shafts are secured using axle rings.
- Slipper clutch pressure plates feature indentations to allow more efficient cooling.
- Features an aluminum gearbox with a choice of ball or gear differential units.
- Requires 2-channel radio, ESC, motor, battery and tires.
42289 1/10 R/C TRF102 Chassis Kit
The TRF102 is the second generation high-performance Formula One chassis designed by Tamiya’s elite designers. This iteration is a revolution! The kit features a number of changes to provide superior performance especially with rubber tire applications. Both the front and rear of the car have been redesigned to fully utilize the flexibility of the chassis, with the effect of excellent road holding and response.
Key Design Points:
The New T-Bar design provides a progressive roll damping effect superior to that offered by the spring-actuated side links on the TRF101. The roll point ball has been placed in as low a position as possible, in order to maximize damping effect. 2 thicknesses of T-bar (1.5mm and 1.8mm) are included.
The brand new pitch axle gives vastly improved, independent pitch damping, letting the chassis deal much more smoothly with undulating surfaces.
Servo mount screws are attached closer together on the lower deck. This, in combination with the floating battery mount, allows greater expression of lower deck flexibility, giving the feeling of greater stroke at the front of the car. A new servo stiffener keeps the servo firmly in place.
Slits are cut into the lower deck to further enhance its flexibility.
The roll damper has been moved closer to the lower deck, giving a more compact rear and contributing to the chassis’ low center of gravity.
- TRF102 Carbon Lower (2.5mm Thick) & Upper (2.0mm Thick) Decks
- TRF102 Aluminum Motor Mount
- F104 Low-Friction Suspension Balls
- Reinforced Carbon Reinforced Plastic Front Suspension Arms
- TRF102 T-Bar Rear Suspension
- Adjustable Metal Upright Set
- Integrated Diff Plate/Carbon Rear Shaft
- TRF102 Aluminum Servo Stay
- 1.5mm & 1.8mm T-bars
- Hi-Torque Servo Saver
- TRF Damper
- 1/10 scale 2WD R/C model assembly kit.
- The T-Bar rear suspension setup reappears in a revolutionized form to provide completely separate roll and pitch control. A fully independent pitch axle gives vastly improved response to surface undulations.
- The lower deck has a brand new design emphasizing flexibility.
- “Floating” battery attachment on upper deck improves road holding, allowing the model to reap the full effects of its well-designed suspension and lower deck.
- Features newly-designed, lightweight servo mounts which let you attach the servo with screws.
- Rear wing attachment height can be adjusted via the new motor mount.
- More deck space means options in the placement of your R/C equipment, tailoring your machine’s balance.
- Compatible with TRF101 Carbon Front Suspension Set (Item 42286) and TRF102 Titanium Screw Set (Item 84417)