Back in February we told you about this new conversion kit that X Factory was developing and today they have released images of this new buggy. As you can see the X – 6 Cubed will be a narrow chassis with many carbon fiber parts which keeps it in line with X Factory’s recently released SCX – 60CF short course and X – 60CF stadium truck. But since this conversion kit is for a buggy they had to make some key changes in order for it to perform better for this platform.
“Buggies are lighter and shorter, so you want different characteristics in how they take bumps, jump, and corner. Especially, they must flex differently, and we have achieved that in the X – 6 Cubed” said engineer Paul Sinclair. “The car in these photos are my prototype car, and there are a few minor changes between this and final production. The biggest one is the way the ball studs are mounted to the rear tower; in production, the ballstuds will be in the same location but mounted vertically. Also, the body mounts are not on my car. Otherwise, this is it.”
Key features of the new X – 6 Cubed:
- Carbon fiber construction.
- New top deck for an easily adjustable chassis flex. Adjust both the amount of flex and where the chassis flexes.
- New slim design for better cornering and performance over bumps.
- Very close to minimum legal weight. Lighter than other buggies.
- Moves rear shock tower forward. This moves the wing forward for better performance in the air. Many think it looks better too.
- Great carbon fiber and polished aluminum look.
- All new body and medium-downforce wing. Existing high-downforce wing still fits.
- Retains X Factory’s 4-Gear transmission.
- Retains the X – 6 Squared’s rear pivot and control arms.
- Uses either saddle or shorty pack; both can be moved forward or back to change weight distribution.
Spokesman Chazz Sinclair said, “We will be an all-carbon fiber company in about 6 weeks when the Cubed is released. Both the X – 6 Squared and X – 60 will still be available; they are molded chassis cars and there are certain advantages to that. But we believe most customers will prefer the lightweight, narrow carbon fiber cars.”
This new kit will be available two ways: a Conversion Kit for the AE B4/4.1/4.2 and an UpGrade Kit for the X – 6 Squared. X Factory said the X – 6 Cubed should start hitting hobby shelves in June.