Last week we told you about this new car, and today Schumacher officially launches this new platform. Check out the press release below for all the details:
The all new Mi5 from Schumacher lifts the R/C touring car scene to a whole new dimension.
This superbly engineered race car is equipped with some revolutionary design features that enable the racer total flexibility for both carpet and asphalt tracks.
The Mi5 has an ultra-low center of gravity which gives the car fantastic corner speed capability. Combined with the radical vertical top deck the Mi5 achieves both a responsive and nimble feel, yet is forgiving and consistent to drive.
The major highlights of the package include, the first Schumacher designed touring car geared differential, fully in-line mounted motor and servo, lightweight low C of G Carbon Fiber wishbones, perfect Ackerman steering rack and micro castor pivot system.
The Mi5 chassis offers excellent balance and poise, with an extremely wide window of set up, enabling drivers of all levels to easily achieve the best results from the car. The Schumacher Mi5….. Join the Revolution!
- New vertically mounted, ultra long top deck offers super linear flex characteristics.
- New lightweight carbon fiber wishbones for optimum stiffness.
- New simple pivot ball system for wishbone mounting and easy roll center adjustment.
- New single piece motor/layshaft mount, centrally mounted to the chassis for perfect flex control.
- New simple 3 point mounted ball raced steering rack for super smooth linear steering.
- New single piece, centrally mounted, alloy/cf CNC servo and steering mount, for maximum stiffness in the steering system, and minimal impact on chassis flex.
- New micro 4 deg caster pivot gives super low center of gravity and super smooth ball raced steering action with optional 6° available.
- New below arm shock mounting gives a low center of gravity shock whilst keeping the same shock travel.
- New chassis mounted droop screws for decreased unsprung weight.
- New Schumacher lightweight gear diff.
- New ultra lightweight front spool.
- New shape lightweight foam bumper and chassis mounted moldings.
- New anti-roll bars in 0.1mm increments.
- New optional servo saver.
- New LiPo retention moldings.
- New ball joint design for 2.0mm hex drivers.
- New ball cup design with adjustment hole.
- New 2 piece shock cap, for easier shock build.
- New precision matched shock springs.
- Optional Mid Motor conversion available, for extra high agility handling.
- Aerospace carbon fiber 2.5mm soft weave chassis and components throughout.
- Extreme lightweight alloy transmission housings.
- CNC alloy, 20 tooth layshaft pulley.
- Single sided layshaft mounting with quick release layshaft design for ease of maintenance.
- Stiff 3mm shock towers with optimized shock positions.
- Carbon fiber upper link design with options to adjust roll centers.
- Anti-roll bar mounts with precise vernier adjustment to minimize play.
- “O” ring retained alloy wheel hexes.
- Fully adjustable, suspension geometry, wheelbase, caster, camber, roll center, ackerman, droop, anti-dive, anti-squat, front toe in/out, ride height and much more.
- Efficient transmission with twin band belts and precision CNC pulleys.
- Alloy eccentric adjusters for optimum belt tension.
- Quick release front and rear entry diffs to leave chassis structure intact when removing diffs for maintenance.
- Ultra smooth nickel-teflon plated threaded alloy shock absorbers for extreme smoothness and durability.
- Dedicated front & rear, reverse cup, high tensile steel, CVD driveshafts.
- Differential and spool plastic insert “sliders”. Offer a lightweight, efficient driveshaft interface.
- Speed secret parts available to fine tune to all track conditions.
- Adjustable front steering hubs with optional carbon fiber parts.
- Adjustable rear hub carriers with optional carbon fiber parts.
- Black alloy M3 nuts.
- Lightweight black alloy washers throughout.
- Alloy front kingpins.
- Front to rear, 3 position, cell LiPo adjustment for fine tuning weight distribution.
- Quick release alloy layshaft fence for quick release diff and belt removal.
- Top adjustable lightweight roll bar sockets and links.
K137 – Mi5 – Pro C/F – 1/10 EP Touring Kit
K138 – Mi5 – Pro C/F – 1/10 EP Touring Assembled
Dedicated webpage – http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Showroom/Mi5.html