We were the first to tell you about this new ESC from Viper as it was being developed, and now it has been officially released. Check out all the features in the press release below:
More than a big brother to the VTX10 series, the VTX8 was designed from the ground up to handle all the large scale, high voltage, and massive power demanded for 1/8 scale and 4wd Short Course racing.
The new VTX8 extends Viper R/C’s speed control platform to new heights. Able to handle batteries from 2s to 6s, 2 pole and 4 pole motors from 540 up to 1/8 size motors.
Durable full aluminum waterproof construction helps to make the VTX8 strong enough to handle the regiors of large scale vehicles. Including a built in fan with carbon fiber bracing to ensure the VTX8 is ready to get you to the finish line.
Innovative V-Port and ProGauge
The V-Port on the VTX8 allows for programmability with both the ProGauge and VLink devices to help fine tune your set up from Throttle Frequency to Acceleration Boost and Top Speed Timing. With factory pre-load profiles and V-LINK software you could easily import and export profiles in few clicks. So you spend less time in the pits and more time tearing up the track.
- True Sensored technology that provides super smooth power and brake
- Heavy duty all aluminum waterproof case (cooling fan is not waterproof)
- 2~6S Li-Po Support
- Ultra high definition paramter setting (0~100% steps)
- Supports 2-pole and 4-pole 540/550/8th scale motors
- Adjustable BEC up to 7V
- PC V-LINK software ready for firmware upgrade and PC interface
- 8 user profile that allows to import and export in PC V-LINK software
- Auto Power Off function for the maximum safety
Type: Sensored Only
Support Voltage: 2S~6S Li-Po
Support Motor Type: 2/4/6-pole
Max BEC Voltage/AMP: 7V/5A
Continuous Current: 220A
Weight: 113g (w/o wires)
All these features are complimented with an industry leading 180 day limited warranty.