Question Of The Week – What’s your funniest RC moment

Jul 23, 2012 6 Comments by

We get a lot of crazy stories from our readers about their RC experiences, so Car Action would like to ask….What’s one of your funniest RC moments?

Featured News

I joined the RC Car Action team as the Social Media Coordinator in 2011. It’s my job to share RCCA news and updates with all of our fans on Facebook, Twitter, and elsewhere online, and I especially enjoy discovering videos for our Video of the Week segment. If you have something you’d like to share, be sure to email me: devangp@airage.com

6 Responses to “Question Of The Week – What’s your funniest RC moment”

1. crazyjr says:

First time i worked on my Emaxx, I put the front diff in correct and the rear backwards. Real interesting first run

2. FastWn says:

I built a Miss Budweiser racing boat, and had a transmitter and receiver from an old kit I mix matched. I had no clue how to set up the servos. I turned on the boat first (1st wrong) , placed it in the water, then turned on the radio(2nd wrong). Fail! The boat had an mechanical speed control and immediately went in to reverse at full throttle. The throttle servo was locked in full reverse and didn’t respond to the transmitter. The angle of the prop and the low transom caused the boat to be sucked under stern first! It Looked really weird with the bow popping up from under water like a dying fish! I had to wade out and retrieve it. Soo embarrassing!! I think I threw it away as soon as I got home!! hahaha!

3. Morgan Muhlestein says:

I smashed my Slash 4×4 (on accident) into a curb at top speed. The new RPM bumper held up perfectly, however the rest of the front bulkhead was toast. Just the irony of having a more expensive repair than if the bumper had actually broken was kind of hilarious at the time.

4. Phil says:

not funniest, but most embarrassing,
    My first day ever on a race track about 15 years ago, i set my car down on a lane, and a guy came around a corner and smashed into my car not 3 seconds later. He was so mad at me. I was about 16 at the time, and didn’t know what to do. It was all my fault for not asking etiquette, and it still haunts me to this day

5. FastWn says:

Miss RC Car Action got a makeover. Looking hot!!!

6. John says:

I made the mistake of trying to race my friend in a 1:1 conversion van. When i hit a man hole cover, bump steer took my kit right under his rear tire! Wow, that was an expensive lesson learned! Hahaha!