2022 All-new Features:
- Next generation X4 touring car platform features an advanced upper/lower arm suspension mounted to new bulkhead framework and a narrowed chassis layout to push performance to the next level
- Unique CFF™ – Carbon Fiber Fusion upper and lower suspension arms for outstanding handling & durability
- All suspension components mount directly to the CFF™ arms without any additional brackets, inserts or bushings for accuracy and reliability
- ARS suspension with highly adjustable geometry settings including roll center, caster and an active toe adjustment
- Precision Hudy Spring Steel™ pivot balls in all suspension pivots for smooth suspension movement
- All-new hubs are universal front and rear to reduce the number of spares for easier maintenance
- New anti-roll bar shapes match the updated mounting points on the CFF™ suspension arms
- All-new aluminum shock towers with multiple shock mounting positions for maximum adjustability
- All-new upper bulkheads with caster inserts for quick setup changes feature centering pins for precise installation and improved reliability
- Lower bulkheads updated with raised diff height option for improved cornering speed
- Bulkheads and motor mount feature centering pins for easy assembly and consistent geometry setting
- All-new super-strong one-piece motor mount for better reliability and has special countersunk holes for purpose-made tweak-free top deck screws
- Motor mount features two battery backstops with integrated adjustable belt tensioners
- Graphite, Flex Aluminum or Solid Aluminum versions available to maximize out-of-the-box performance
- Perfectly symmetrical chassis designed to work with the all-new CFF™ suspensions, motor mount and bulkheads
- All-new top deck with a narrow shape for easier installation & improved handling
- Various Multi-Flex settings out of the box
- Improved front flex characteristics from the front aluminum chassis brace underneath the solid axle
- Rear body mounting system is connected directly to the chassis for improved downforce and traction
- Adjustable front body up-stop system incorporated into the front upper arm allows for lower front body positioning to improve high speed steering & stability
- Servo mount with reversible direction has multiple flex options with the universal design to fit all servos
- Updated battery holder with graphite spacers for a more secure battery mounting
- Updated front solid axle & rear gear diff for a centered rear belt position that improves consistency & forward traction
- Aluminum layshaft redesigned for new belt positions and easier to access spur gear
- New super narrow, lightweight & perfectly balanced wheel hubs
- New longer driveshafts in both front & rear for better stability and drivetrain efficiency
- Improved steering system with a more efficient geometry and lower height for reduced play and more consistency & adjustability
- All-new aluminum steering arms included in the kit with improved geometry
- All-new steering bridge with adjustable steering backstop to control steering angle
Made in Europe.
Designed, developed, and fully manufactured in-house at the XRAY factory in Slovakia, Europe, using the most high-tech German and Swiss machines and premium European materials, crafted with XRAY’s trademark attention to detail by our production specialists. The X4 is truly a masterpiece.
The X4 is available in three different versions to suit any track.
Unique CFF™ – Carbon Fiber Fusion upper & lower suspension arms for outstanding handling.
All suspension components mount directly to the CFF™ arms without additional parts, eliminating play between pieces to ensure accuracy and reliability.
The CFF™ arms make the X4 extremely responsive and sharp, and generate fantastic cornering speed & traction.
The X4 chassis is designed for the new CFF™ suspension concept and adds alignment holes for the centering pins found on all of the X4 bulkheads and motor mount for maximum reliability in a crash.
The symmetric X4 chassis creates equal side to side flex.
The X4 chassis is available in three different flex alternatives suitable for different track conditions.
Super-strong one-piece motor mount is placed in the absolute chassis center and features integrated layshaft axle, battery backstops, belt tensioners and new tweak-free top deck mounting.
Integrated battery backstops for standard and shorty packs set the battery position to adjust weight balance and prevent interference with the spur gear.
Adjustable tensioners ensure proper belt adjustment for maximum drive train efficiency.
Motor Mount Flex Adjustment.
The motor mount is a vital part of the X4 Multi-Flex settings.
The super-lightweight hollow aluminum layshaft eliminates drivetrain vibration.
The new bulkheads feature centering pins for maximum reliability in a crash and raised diff positions for improved cornering speed in high traction conditions.
All chassis mounted aluminum framework parts including the bulkheads, motor mount, servo holder, front shock towers and rear body post plates feature centering pins for easy assembly and maximum reliability in a crash.
Upper clamps use caster inserts for quick and easy set-up changes and use centering pins for precise installation and improved reliability in a crash.
Aluminum inserts easily set the caster angle for quick and accurate tuning. The 2 dot inserts are included for both front and rear, with 1 and 3 dot inserts available for additional tuning options. In the rear suspension, the inserts can be reversed for even more adjustment possibilities.
Multi-flex top deck features multiple stiffness settings via a ball-bearing insert and special tweak-free flex screws.
No bushing or bearing is used. This allows maximum flex and provides maximum steering. However, the car is less stable on-power.
The top deck is connected to the motor mount via ball bearing. This setting eliminates a bit of steering but improves stability.
The top deck is connected to the motor mount via special 3×5.5mm screw in the rear, behind the layshaft. This setting eliminates a bit of steering but improves stability.
The top deck is connected to the motor mount via special screws M3x5.5mm behind and in front of layshaft. This setting provides maximum stability.
Top Deck Flex Settings.
The unique top deck flex settings allow quick and easy adjustment of chassis stiffness while the well-proven bearing flex setting has been retained for even more adjustability and fine tuning.
Graphite composite hubs provide improved geometry for better steering and traction, fully adjustable axle height and improved driveshaft alignment.
The gear differential repositions the pulley for a more centered rear belt alignment that improves consistency and forward traction.
New solid axle features updated pulley position to shift the front belt alignment to match the new center layshaft for improved consistency and forward traction.
Spur Gears & Pulleys.
Precision-molded spur gears are made from XRAY’s exclusive composite material, ensuring true running, super-quiet operation, and robustness for handling powerful motors. A range of optional spur gears for fine tuning is available.
Front Shock Tower.
The split aluminum front shock towers are mounted directly to the chassis and have adjustable flex options by adding screws to secure the towers to the bulkheads for additional stiffness.
Rear Shock Tower.
All-new aluminum one-piece rear shock tower is mounted directly to the rear bulkheads and its shape provides optimized shock positions for maximum rear traction. Unlike the split front towers, the one-piece rear tower was found to provide better consistency and balance throughout testing.
Rear Body Mounting System.
Rear body mount system connects directly to the chassis using vertical or horizontal body post positions for improved downforce and traction.
The new steering system has a more responsive and precise feel from the lowered steering plate with more efficient geometry, shorter posts, integrated adjustable steering lock and the included aluminum steering arms.
Universal reversible servo mount fits all standard servos without extra parts, with the choice of front or rear position to adjust the chassis flex and steering feel for different conditions.
Longer front ECS and rear CVD drive shafts with new drive axles move the pivot in line with the hub rotation to improve traction and efficiency.
Front Chassis Brace.
The aluminum front chassis brace installs underneath the front solid axle and significantly improves the front chassis stiffness, making the X4 steering more responsive and generating more forward traction.
Front Bulkheads Brace.
Front graphite brace reduces flex in the front of the car and increases stability on bumpy tracks. The upper bumper brace reduces chassis damage in serious crashes.
X4 comes with specifically chosen shock spring sets for the best possible performance out of the box.
The ultra-successful and popular ULP shocks from the T4 platform are carried over to the X4.
ULP Shock Parts.
All the parts of the ULP shocks are specifically designed for the lowest possible size to reduce the weight and keep the lowest possible CG.
The popular XRAY servo saver that has become the industry-standard saver is included in the X4 kit for precise steering & sufficient flexibility to prevent servo damage in serious crashes.
The tweak-free, fully adjustable Quick Battery Mounting System offers simple and secure battery installation without tape and without adverse effects on chassis flex.
To ensure maximum performance, the X4’s high-precision pivot balls are machined in-house and then black coated or nickel coated for a smooth and long lasting finish. To maintain proper balance through every run, the in-house machined top deck screws ensure tweak free handling from start to finish.
The 2-belt 4WD drivetrain concept provides maximum efficiency featuring 3mm narrow front and rear drive belts that have been specially ground for minimal thickness and maximum flexibility.
A full set of 25 high-speed, blue-sealed and steel ball-bearings are used throughout the drivetrain, steering and anti-roll bars to ensure maximum efficiency.
Both front and rear bulkheads feature additional integrated belt-tension adjustment through the use of adjustable bearing eccentric holders. These holders are also reversible to move the differential height from the lower or upper position that is now +1mm higher than the T4 platform.
The graphite and aluminum versions of the X4 come with specifically chosen anti-roll bars for the best possible performance out of the box.
HUDY Exclusive Silicone Oils are manufactured in Europe and each batch is laboratory tested and calibrated to ensure the highest possible consistency and quality from batch to batch. Based on the industry-standard cSt rating, the new line of oils will be easy to identify, adjust, and feel.
When following any set-up sheets by XRAY or XRAY team drivers, you can be sure that the oils you will get for your car are exactly same as those used by the factory racing team, thus ensuring very exacting set-ups and handling.
The chassis features pre-drilled holes for additional weights for optimum car balancing and centerline holes for easy balancing with the HUDY Chassis Balancing Tool #107880.
The extensive and impressive range of adjustment possibilities includes: ARS (Active Rear Suspension™), caster, camber, toe, anti-dive, anti-squat, ride height, downstops, track-width, lower roll center, upper roll center, roll center positions, steering roll center, wheelbase, Ackermann, steering lock, bumpsteer, belt-tension adjustment, adjustable shocks, adjustable in-line flex adjustment, adjustable front chassis flex, diff height and adjustable diff.
XRAY Instruction Manual.
XRAY instruction manuals have become the industry standard, being simply the best manuals you will ever get with an RC model car. Whether you are a first-time builder or an experienced racer, all the instructions are straight-forward and easy to understand. The full-color Instruction Manual contains large 3D illustrations that show all assembly details in the clearest possible way.
Tech Tip Videos.
To get the finest tips & tricks on how to build the X4 or to learn more about each of the set-up options, follow the series of XRAY X4 Tech Tip videos featuring Alexander Hagberg. The videos walk through each section of the building process with suggested assembly techniques, demonstrations, and detailed explanations of the various setup adjustments.
XRAY VIP Customer Treatment.