2023 All-new Features:
- All-new chassis featuring extra forward position for center pivot for improved cornering speed and steering response.
- Chassis features extra mounting position for the side braces between the front and center position for extra fine tuning of the car flex which improves steering response and cornering speed.
- The chassis is shortened by 3.5mm in front with extra chamfer, which eliminates chassis dragging and improves cornering speed.
- The chassis features 4 positions for the front battery backstop in 2mm steps instead of the groove to prevent the battery stop from moving in hard crashes.
- Rear POD plate features redesigned area of the alu POD plate pivot holder for improved durability of the POD plate.
- Rear POD features 2 centering holes instead of 1 to eliminate tweak issues in crashes.
- Bulkheads were completely redesigned to achieve maximum low CG and weight to improve stability and eliminate tweaking issues in serious crashes.
- Bulkheads are 5mm lower and 4g lighter compared to the previous version.
- Bulkheads feature new smaller and lower CG window for eccentric bushings.
- Bulkheads feature 2 centering pins instead of one for better centering and to prevent the tweaking issues in hard crashes.
- Bulkheads feature new mounting position for the rear brace, from top instead of rear, for improved tweak resistance, as well as only one mounting position instead of two, for improved flex of the rear POD.
- All-new graphite rear brace is thinner and lighter for improved CG and flex of the POD.
- All-new smaller and lighter eccentric bushings with finer steps, for improved ride height adjustability, and a lower center of gravity.
- All-new lighter wheel hubs with M2x5 screw instead of M2.5×8 to eliminate rotating weight and to eliminate vibration of the wheel hub.
- All-new lowered rear brace mounts (4mm) and side brace mounts (1.5mm) to allow to mount rear graphite brace with side braces as low as possible to lower CG and stability of the car.
- All-new rear brace also features mounting holes for the battery backstop.
- All-new rear graphite POD upper plate redesigned to use super light aluminum bushings instead of nuts, to save the weight and lower CG and improve the look of the car.
- Rear graphite plate is mounted 6.5mm lower to lower the CG to the maximum, and to eliminate tweak issues in crashes. The side tubes are mounted from top for a quicker assembly and disassembly.
- All-new rear brace is mounted 4mm lower, for a lowered CG, and feature holes for bushings to mount side braces for a better look.
- All-new battery mounting system with improved reliability and ease of battery installation. The front battery stop is mounted into the chassis and can be moved in 2mm steps forward or backwards to eliminate the possibility to shift the battery forward in crashes and is centered by the shock post to eliminate the possibility for the battery stop to shift sideways.
- Improved flex in front suspension using double front brace system. For improved steering response and cornering speed.
- Updated steering backstops for better reliability and ease of adjustment.
- All-new foam bumper redesigned for better clearance when using a setup station.
- All-new nickel coated surface on the king pin axles for smoother damping action.
To reduce chassis drag and improve cornering speeds, the front of the new chassis plate was shortened by 3.5mm with an additional chamfer.
New rear graphite plate height is reduced by 6.5mm to lower the CG and to eliminate tweak issues in crashes. The side tubes are top mounted for quicker assembly and maintenance.
Ultra Low Platform.
The X12â€™23 has significantly lowered the entire rear part of the car for reduced CG and improved stability and consistency on the track.
Bulkheads were reconfigured to achieve the lowest CG, reduced weight to improve stability and eliminate tweaking issues in serious crashes. The bulkheads are 5mm lower and 4g lighter comparing to previous version and feature two centering pins instead of one for increased reliability.
Re-designed battery mounting system provides improved reliability and ease of battery installation. The front battery stop is mounted to the chassis and can be moved in 2mm steps forward or backwards.
The rear POD was significantly redesigned. The plates use 2 centering holes instead of 1 to eliminate tweak issues in crashes. The area around the alu POD plate pivot holder was redesigned for improved durability. The rear graphite POD upper plate uses super light aluminium bushings instead of locknuts to save weight and lower CG, and improve the clean look of the car.
POD Mounting System.
An additional forward position for the center pivot improves cornering speed and steering response.
Lighter wheel hubs with M2x5 screws instead of M2.5×8 reduce rotating mass and minimize vibration from the wheel hub.
An additional mounting position for the side braces between the front and center position allows for extra fine tuning of the chassis flex to improve steering response and cornering speed.
Side Brace Flex Settings.
The Side Brace Flex Settings was redesigned featuring an extra flex setting that is suggested as an initial set-up.
The kingpins are now additionally nickel coated for a smoother damping action and each version of the kit includes optimized king pin camber angle.
Front Suspension Flex Settings.
The Tweak-Free front suspension features a new double front brace system that improves steering response and cornering speed.
The steering backstops are redesigned and feature composite backstops for improved reliability, improved consistency during cornering and easier adjustment.
The all-new foam bumper provides better clearance when using a Set-up Station, improves the body support & high aerodynamic efficiency.
Rear Ride Height.
The alu bulkheads allow for very quick & easy ride height adjustment using eccentric axle holder bushings. The axle height is now adjustable in 0.25mm increments over a 2.5mm range for ride height fine tuning.
US vs. EU Edition.
With XRAY’s no-compromise, high-competition focus, the X12 is offered in two versions again this year, with each one equipped for the demands of different track conditions out of the box.
Whether on the low to medium-grip tracks that are typical in Europe, or on the super-high grip tracks common in the US, there is an X12 to fit each occasion. Both choices are built on the same core platform with interchangeable parts.
See more posts about XRAY