New from Team Xray:
The New XRAY NT1 Raycer — Luxury and Performance for Every Racer
XRAY is pleased to present the new XRAY NT1R, the latest release from the XRAY design studio for the nitro car racer in everyone. The XRAY NT1R represents the latest offering of the super-successful RAYCER concept – luxury at an affordable price.
The new XRAY NT1R is based on the world’s most successful and award-winning XRAY NT1 high-performance nitro touring car, a car that has raised the bar in engineering, design and performance and has won the hearts of racers worldwide along with an exceptional amount of titles and awards including multiple European and USA Championship titles.
With a very affordable street price, the NT1R is sure to appeal to every RACER!
With the worldwide success of the NT1 both on the tracks and customer’s satisfaction supported by gained multiple awards, I wanted to release a version that would allow everyone to enjoy the design and performance benefits of the NT1 no matter what their racing needs and budget are. Thus the NT1R was born.
See it. Feel it. Drive it.
Dipl. Eng. Juraj Hudy
Chief Engineer, XRAY
The Raycer version of the NT1 is based on the legendary NT1 platform – developed, designed and styled by award-winning Dipl. Eng. Juraj Hudy. The XRAY NT1R is exclusively manufactured by XRAY in Europe in the world’s most sophisticated RC manufacturing facility using only the finest materials. The pure racing design, premium quality with highest performance and an affordable price create the most valuable nitro touring car. Backed by XRAY’s legendary service and support, and showcased at racetracks worldwide by the winning XRAY Factory Team, the XRAY NT1R brings luxury at an affordable price to everyone.
The NT1R is a sophisticated, professional, high-competition nitro touring car and as such the entire design concept and materials used are fully race-oriented. The NT1R is based on the legendary NT1 platform and shares all the features that allowed the XRAY team to dominate the racing around the world and gain dozens of national titles including multiple European and USA Champion titles.
Lowest CG Platform
Thanks to the super-intelligent design concept and engineering, all parts are positioned ultra-low to create the lowest-possible CG resulting in super-stable and precise handling.
Revolutionary Chassis Flex Adjustment
When it comes to setting new standards in the RC industry, XRAY is always at the forefront for bringing new and innovative engineering ideas and solutions, raising the bar and quickly becoming a new market standard for others to follow. XRAY’s innovative Multi-Flex Technology™ (MFT™) was originally designed for 1/10 electric touring cars, and has resulted in some of the most significant milestones in touring car development in the past few years. This innovation not only received numerous awards and honors, but it has proven to be a distinct competitive advantage at racetracks worldwide… helping XRAY dominate races at local and national levels.
XRAY’s MFT™ revolutionized the nitro touring car platform by introducing the optional Multi-Flex™ 1-piece engine mounting system for the NT1 which allows you to set up and adjust the stiffness of the NT1 chassis for various racing conditions or to fit different driving styles. The NT1R chassis features the same design which allows the MFT™ engine mounts to be mounted and used.
XRAY Multi-Flex Chassis Adjustment
The NT1R features aluminum engine mounts which make assembly easy and fast. For specific racing conditions or driving styles, the middle of the chassis can be additionally reinforced by installing the optional MFT™ 1 piece engine mount which features reinforcing legs both front and rear to reinforce the chassis and stiffen the flex. The MFT 1-piece engine mount can be additionally mounted using graphite braces to the rear bulkheads and/or to the front holders next to the battery packs, creating a very solid and super-stiff platform.
Premium, Exclusive Materials
The NT1R is a premium model racing car and as such features only the most premium materials: exclusive top-secret HUDY Spring Steel™ — high grade Swiss 7075 T6 — high-tensile heat-treated steel and aircraft aluminum — and XRAY’s self-developed and formulated composite compounds and high-quality fiberglass.
Swiss 7075 T6 Alu Chassis
The lightweight chassis is CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, strategically machined in low-stress areas to make it as light as possible without affecting strength or rigidity. All screw holes on the bottom of the chassis are countersunk, allowing for a very smooth chassis underside with no protruding screw heads.
The area under the engine features air-flow cut-outs to allow extra airflow to cool the engine.
Radio plate & Electronics
The radio plate is machined from 2.5mm fiberglass material with a smart design that allows for the quick & easy removal of the entire radio plate (with all electronics) for easy and comfortable servicing and cleaning.
Robust Fuel Tank
The 75cc fuel tank with hypertonic tank lid and internal stone-type filter is positioned in the center of the car, and features a unique low-profile design to allow the fuel tank to sit as low as possible. The fuel tank is molded from a special composite mixture which makes it extremely strong and robust, and the rubber mounting grommets reduce vibration. The fuel tank is glued together using a special self-developed robotic system that ensures maximum accuracy and precision in pre-heating and gluing.
Lower Fuel Tank Position
The 5-cell receiver battery pack is located beneath the fuel tank to allow the lowest CG. An optional micro-size receiver battery pack allows the fuel tank to be lowered by another 3mm, creating an ultra-low nitro touring platform.
The super-lightweight bulkheads have a very clean and lightweight design to create the lowest weight and CG, making the NT1R easy to service and retaining easy access to all parts. The bulkheads create a super-solid platform where all parts are mounted; a special composite mixture was developed to allow multiple assembly/disassembly without stressing or wearing the parts.
Easy Diff Access
The smart design of the NT1R allows super-easy front and rear diff access. The front diff can be accessed by removing 4 screws and the entire diff assembly can be removed. In the rear, removing the 4 top screws and 2 rear shock tower screws allows the rear diff to be removed.
Belt Tension Adjustment
Both front and rear bulkheads feature integrated eccentric bushings which allow quick & easy front and rear belt tension adjustment.
Easy Battery Pack Removal
The receiver battery pack can be easily removed from below the fuel tank by a quick access composite cover at the bottom of the chassis. An optional graphite cover contains a special CNC-machined pocket in which to place the batteries, allowing the batteries to sit as low as possible. The main feature of the graphite cover is its integrated Multi-Flex Technology™ functionality to additionally reinforce the chassis in the vertical plane.
High-efficiency Brake System
A strong, high-efficiency brake system is the result of focusing on all of the smallest details. The laser-cut, precision flat-ground ventilated steel brake disk allows fade-free braking in conjunction with the special high-grip Ferodo® brake pads installed on the laser-cut brake plates. The brake disk is small and slim, making it very light with little rotating mass. The precision hand-grinding on flat grinding machine allows true, wobble-free rotation. Brake inputs are transferred precisely to the brakes thanks to the ball-bearing supp
orted super-smooth brake cam. Both brake disk and brake pads are specially heat treated for maximum lifespan.
World’s Smoothest & Most Efficient Drivetrain
The NT1R shares the same drivetrain as the NT1… the world’s smoothest and most efficient drivetrain. Thanks to the construction of all drivetrain parts, the transmission is super smooth and with super-low friction. From the small diffs, through the efficient ratio and optimized pulleys, to the high-speed lightly-oiled bearings and lightweight drivetrain parts, all is specifically designed for the maximum efficiency.
Hudy Spring Steel™ Drive Shafts
The tiny drive shafts are manufactured from HUDY Spring Steel™, the most effective drive shaft material by the industry leader HUDY. The self-developed top-secret HUDY Spring Steel™ ensures longest drive shaft lifespan, maximum strength, and lowest weight. Optional CVD drive shafts are available.
The diffs in the NT1R are small and light, ensuring lowest rotating mass and lowest CG. Rubber-sealed composite differential housings are molded from a special composite mixture that ensures non-expansion and non-deformation of the diff housing during operation and long runs, which would otherwise negatively influence the free movement of the gears inside. Differential gears are made from pressed steel, heat-treated and machined for ultra-precise and smooth operation.
The rear features gear differential while the front of the car is equipped with a solid axle.
Premium Silicone Oils
The NT1R kit features the XRAY Premium Silicone Oils manufactured in Europe by a specialized premium silicone oil manufacturer; these new oils were created exclusively for XRAY. Each batch of premium oil is laboratory tested and calibrated to ensure the highest possible consistency and quality from batch to batch. Based on the industry-proven CST rating, the new line of oils is very easy to identify, adjust, and feel.
Hudy Spring Steel™ Diff Outdrives & Wheel Axles
All diff outdrives and wheel axles are manufactured from premium HUDY Spring Steel™, additionally hand ground for maximum precision and easy fit. These parts have unmatched lifespan and maximum strength to withstand the tremendous forces generated by today’s modern nitro engines.
The drivetrain is operated by PUR®-reinforced high-efficiency low-friction drive belts, which ensure that all power is properly and efficiently transferred to all drivetrain parts.
All pulleys are molded from a special composite mixture that ensures low-friction operation while minimizing the chances of teeth breakage. The special composite mixture ensure long lifespan.
The 2-speed transmission parts are installed on a precision-manufactured super-smooth 2-speed middle layshaft made from tough HUDY shaft steel, additionally heat treated for extra strength and long lifespan. The 2-speed gear adapter is CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 for precise fitting of the 1-way bearing, allowing super-precise and wobble-free installation of spur gears. The high-quality German 1-way bearing is hand-ground before installation for maximum running precision and strength. The 2-speed adapter is manufactured from hardened steel.
Adjustable Side Belt Tensioner
The adjustable side belt tensioner is captured on a fiberglass plate mounted to the side of the radio plate holder. The smart design allows the side belt tensioner to be easily adjusted, or easily removed for engine removal.
The NT1R is fully ball-bearing equipped and features high-speed, blue-sealed ball-bearings throughout the drivetrain for maximum drivetrain efficiency. The highest-tolerance and maximum-performance bearings are degreased and lightly oiled with AeroShell Fluid 12™ for maximum smoothness and long life. The main ball-bearings are oversized with extra-strong bearing frames to ensure that the bearings will run smoothly and effectively even under extreme conditions.
Perfectly-true Spur Gears
Precision-moulded spur gears are made from XRAY’s exclusive secret blend of plastic, allowing the gears to run true, be super quiet, and be robust enough to handle the power of a modern nitro engine. The spur gears are moulded using a special technique that allows the gears to be perfectly true, thus improving the drivetrain efficiency. Each gear is stamped with a tooth number for easy identification.
Full-optimized Suspension Geometry
NT1 suspension parts and geometry are carried over to the NT1R – the most advanced, fully-optimized suspension geometry for touring car racing, designed to provide responsive racing characteristics in all racing conditions. Over the years XRAY has successfully gained and utilized extensive suspension geometry knowledge and self-developed suspension stiffness technology, which have been utilized in electric touring car and off-road cars with great success. The ultra-lightweight suspension parts are moulded from special composite material that makes the parts very light yet very durable to withstand the rigors of high-performance racing.
Front and rear shock towers and roll center bridge are CNC-machined from premium fiberglass material (front 2.5mm, rear 3.0mm) to guarantee maximum strength and long life. The shock towers feature optimized shock mounting positions and the roll center bridge features 6 optimized roll center positions for the rear upper link. The rear shock tower design allows for a bit flex to help the shock tower to absorb energy from a crash, in contrast to a super-stiff shock tower design where crash energy is transferred to the shock tower with a higher risk of breakage.
Integrated Suspension Settings™
The NT1R features I.S.S. (Integrated Suspension SettingsTM) design. All adjustment possibilities are completely integrated, allowing complete set-up changes without changing or replacing any parts – no need for optional roll center, anti-dive or anti-squat blocks. Using eccentric bushings in the lower parts of the bulkheads and in the front upper bulkhead roll centers, anti-dive and anti-squat can be adjusted easily. High-tensile steel suspension pivot pins are polished for smooth suspension action, and all pivot pins are captured to eliminate the need for E-clips.
Rear Anti-roll Bar
The rear 2.0mm anti-roll bar helps to reduce rear chassis roll. For fine precision tuning, optional wires of different thickness are available as well as a blade-style rear anti-roll bar. The front anti-roll bar is also available as an option.
Hardened Pivot Balls
The NT1R pivot ball suspension contains precision pivot balls that are specially hardened for enhanced lifespan and to withstand hard crashes. A total of eight (8) pivot balls are included and are supported by super-strong M10 aircraft aluminum machined nuts.
Adjustable Servo Saver & Ackermann
The centralized servo saver is ball-bearing supported to ensure super-precise, smooth operation. The servo saver features adjustable spring preload tension for fine tuning. Ackermann positions are easily adjustable with easy-to-change inserts. Ackermann greatly influences the steering characteristics, allowing you to adjust the NT1R to suit your driving style and track conditions.
XRAY Racing Shocks
The NT1R features the famous and race-proven externally-adjustable XRAY racing shocks. Without disassembling the shocks and changing pistons, you can easily adjust the shock damping to 4 different damping settings, from soft to super-stiff. The threaded shock bodies enable quick & easy ride height adjustment. The shocks feature low profile membranes for super smooth and precise damping.
XRAY shocks feature self-developed and manufactured ultimate racing springs which are hand selected for maximum precision, equal length, and equal damping characteristics.
Adjustable & Non-adjustable Shock Pistons
XRAY keyed shock pistons can be used to make adjustable or non-adjustable shocks. Along with the 2-piece adjustable shock pistons, three different non-adjustable pistons are included.
The compact front foam bumper is manufactured from high-resilience lightweight foam. The front upper bumper holder and lower composite bumper are molded from rigid composite to withstand hard crashes.
Beefy Body Posts
Beefy 6mm thick body posts are made from special composite material that provides maximum strength but sufficient flex to reduce body post breakage, even if you flip the car over. Body supports are rounded for a better fit and provide better support to the car body.
The NT1R features fully adjustable front and rear suspension geometry: caster, camber, toe, anti-dive, anti-squat, ride height, droop, track-width, Ackermann and roll center. For easy and fast adjustment it is suggested to use set-up tools and accessories from HUDY, the world leader of RC tools.
The NT1R is a fully-adjustable nitro touring car and as such a solid understanding of set-up theory is very helpful to get the car to perform to its full potential. Whether you are a hardcore racing fanatic or club-level sportsman, you can easily adjust the NT1R to suit your racing style, the race track, and all track conditions using the XRAY Set-up Book. This detailed, comprehensive document is loaded with high-quality pictures and easy-to-read and understandable RC car set-up explanations. You will be able to easily learn many set-up tips & tricks and improve your set-up skills, ultimately translating into improved racing performance with your NT1R.
XRAY Instruction Manuals have become the industry standard, and are simply the best manuals you will ever get with an RC model car. Whether you are a first-time builder or an experienced racer, all instructions are straight-forward and easy to understand. The full-colour instruction manual contains large 3D illustrations that show all assembly details in the easiest possible way.
VIP Customer Treatment
Owning an XRAY model racing car is an experience unto itself. Not only will you own the most premium luxury model racing car in the world, but you will also become a member of the prestigious family of XRAY owners with direct support and service from the XRAY factory. XRAY brings you the most up-to-date RC Web site on the Internet, with daily racing news and the latest product developments. If you have any questions, problems or comments, you can ask the XRAY Support Team or any XRAY Factory Team Driver on the XRAY support forum. You can even upload your own set-up sheets or download from the thousands of different set-up sheets available from around the world at the exclusive XRAY Virtual Set-up Sheet Database. And that is only the start of the VIP treatment you get by joining Team XRAY.
- Based on the successful, award-winning, racing-dominating NT1 platform
- Developed, designed and styled by legendary Ing. Juraj Hudy, manufactured exclusively by XRAY in Europe in the world’s most sophisticated RC manufacturing facility
- Pure racing design, premium luxury quality, and highest performance
- Premium, exclusive, and high-tech materials used throughout
- The world’s lowest CG nitro touring car platform
- Unique and revolutionary chassis flex adjustment with optional Multi-Flex™ 1-piece engine mounting system
- Easy access to all drivetrain parts allows super-quick rebuilds and set-up changes
- CNC-machined 3mm Swiss 7075 T6 chassis
- CNC-machined 2.5mm fiberglass radio plate
- Centralized 75cc fuel tank with hypertonic tank lid and internal stone-type filter
- Ultra-low and lightweight front and rear split bulkheads allow super-easy diff access
- Belt tension adjustment integrated into the front and rear bulkheads
- Centralized, low-mounted receiver battery pack located below the fuel tank for easy access
- Optional micro-size receiver battery pack allows fuel tank lowering by 3mm, creating an ultra-low nitro touring platform
Engine & Clutch
- Aluminum engine mount
- Swiss 7075 T6 hardcoated flywheel
- Easily-adjustable 3-shoe XCA (XRAY Centrifugal-axial) clutch
- 1-piece pressure plate manufactured from specially-developed material for positive engagement
- Clutch nut and preload adjustment collar manufactured from special HUDY Spring Steel™ for maximum lifespan and durability
- Ultra-lightweight precision support plate and spring cup manufactured from high-tensile 7075 T6 aluminum
- Clutchbell manufactured from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum and hard anodized for enhanced lifespan
- Clutchbell / pinion gear construction allows super-precise assembly
- Swiss 7075 T6 machined pinion gears have individually-machined teeth from a high-precision gear production machine, then specially hardcoated for maximum life
- Carbide axial thrust bearing and high-tensile spring included
- Robust spring-mounted exhaust mounting system
- Aluminum brake 7075 T6 hub with precision-pressed pins
- Laser-cut, precision flat-ground ventilated steel brake disk for ultra-efficient fade-free braking
- High-grip Ferodo™ brake pads
- Brake disk and brake pads heat treated for maximum lifespan
- CNC-machined 7075 T6 aluminum brake cam is ball-bearing supported for super–smooth, precise brake control
- XRAY has developed the most efficient, smoothest drivetrain using optimum belt and pulley construction with lowest rotating mass
- Exclusive HUDY Spring Steel™ drivetrain parts for highest performance and unmatched lifespan
- Smallest, lightest differentials allow super-low mounting, giving the car a super-low CG
- Diff outdrives manufactured from exclusive HUDY Spring Steel™ are specially hand-ground for maximum precision and smooth operation
- PUR® reinforced high-efficiency, low-friction, fine-pitch drive belts
- Oversized pulleys for maximum efficiency belt wrapping
- Pulleys molded from special low-friction composite material for superior lifespan
- Complete set of high-speed, blue-sealed ball-bearings, degreased, lightly oiled for maximum efficiency, individually controlled, selected, and inspected
- Precision manufactured super-smooth middle 2-speed layshaft from tough HUDY shaft steel, specially heat treated for extra strength and long lifespan
- High-quality German 1-way bearing hand-ground before installation for maximum running precision and strength
- Adjustable fiberglass side-belt tensioner allows easy engine removal
- 2-speed spur gear adapter CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 for precision fitting of 1 way bearing, allowing super-precise and wobble-free installation of spur gears
- World’s most precise spur gears molded from special composite mixture and injected from the center ensures wobble-free running and zero run-out
- Precise 2-speed adapter manufactured from hardened steel
- World’s smallest and lightest differential for enhanced efficiency of the lightweight drivetrain system
- Super-smooth, no-slip, high-durability rear differential is easily adjustable with different diff oils
- Front solid axle (spool) optionally available
- Diff outdrives manufactured from HUDY Spring Steel™ specially ground for maximum precision
- Easy differential access: front diff accessed by removing 4 screws, rear diff accessed by removing 6 screws
- Advanced suspension geometry optimized and finely tuned for high-competition racing
- Lightweight yet durable suspension parts molded from XRAY’s own special composite mixture
- High-tensile steel suspension pivot pins polished for smooth suspension action. Captured-pin suspension design eliminates the need for E-clips
- Front and rear CNC-machined fiberglass shock towe
rs (front 2.5mm, rear 3.0mm) feature optimized shock positions for high-competition racing
- 2.5mm fiberglass rear roll center bridge with optimized rear roll center positions
- Fully-adjustable suspension featuring I.S.S. (Integrated Suspension Settings™)
- Small, robust rear uprights feature two easily-adjustable upper roll center positions
- Easily-adjustable wheel offset using optional shims or offset wheel axles (+/-0.75mm)
- Rear anti-roll bar adjustability via optional anti-roll bar wires
- Lightweight, super-strong aircraft aluminum pivot ball nuts
- Precision pivot balls are specially hardened for enhanced lifespan and to withstand hard crashes
- Centralized ball-raced steering servo saver with adjustable spring tension
- Easily-adjustable Ackermann positions using integrated inserts
- XRAY 4-step externally-adjustable shocks featuring standard fixed or adjustable pistons
- Fine-threaded shock bodies for precise height adjustment
- Specially-hardened shock shafts for maximum strength
- XRAY self-developed and manufactured ultimate racing springs are hand-selected for maximum precision, equal length, and equal damping characteristics
Body & Wheels
- Front upper and lower composite bumper made from special composite material to withstand hard impacts
- Compact front foam bumper made from lightweight, high-resilience foam
- Thick 6mm body posts to withstand hard crashes and back-flips
Assembly & Support
- Premium 3D full-color Instruction Manual from NT1 with additional supplementary instructions and comprehensive XRAY Set-up Book
- Exclusive Virtual Online Setup Sheet database with thousands of setup sheets for race tracks around the world
- Premium, unmatched XRAY’s online support
- Fully-adjustable front and rear suspension geometry: caster, camber, toe, anti-dive, anti-squat, ride height, droop, track-width and roll centers
- Optional XRAY Multi-Flex Technology™ (XRAY patent) allows for quick & easy chassis stiffness adjustment
- Adjustable roll centers front and rear
- Adjustable bulkheads for belt tension control
- Optionally adjustable HUDY Spring Steel™ turnbuckles (steering, front & rear upper links)
- Adjustable Ackermann positions
- Multiple upper and lower shock mounting locations for front and rear
- Externally-adjustable racing shocks (4-step)
- Optionally adjustable front & rear anti-roll bars
#33 0100 XRAY NT1 – Raycer edition 1/10 Nitro Racing Sedan