2018 All-new Features
- All-new chassis features a unique, innovative front flex adjustment using an insertable aluminum brace. Using the aluminum brace increases steering response and cornering speed; without the aluminum brace, the car is easier to drive.
- All-new rear layshaft bulkheads allow use of bracket bushings that connect the layshaft bulkheads with rear bulkheads to reinforce the entire rear suspension, making the car better in high-traction conditions. Without the bracket bushings, the car has more traction which is recommended for low-traction conditions
- All-new graphite brace for rear bulkheads gives easier access to engine screws.
- All-new graphite brace connecting the rear layshaft bulkheads and radio plate stand for easier engine removal.
The NT1 is synonymous with the absolute perfection that is XRAY: a platform that has been capturing trophies at tracks all around the world, and also capturing the hearts and minds of customers who demand nothing less than excellence.
Winner of multiple “Car of the Year” awards and dominating winner of all major titles – including World Champion, European Champion, USA Champion, Asian Champion and dozens of National champion titles all around the world – the NT1 continues to prove its unbeatable racing pedigree.
Prestige. Elegance. Luxury.
With XRAY’s uncompromising design philosophy bringing everything together to make the best nitro touring car, the NT1 has the unique XRAY character, born of precision craftsmanship, highest attention to detail, and using only the finest quality materials. For drivers with an irrepressible drive to win, the NT1 is the answer.
The all-new lightweight chassis is CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, strategically machined in low-stress areas to make it as light as possible without adversely affecting strength or rigidity.
With the updated design of the chassis, the front window opening is larger and features milled slots for a removable brace.
Front Chassis Flex Adjustment.
All-new chassis with unique, innovative front flex adjustment via a removable aluminum brace. Using the aluminum brace increases steering response & cornering speed; without the aluminum brace, the car is easier to drive and has more forward traction.
All-new redesigned graphite brace for the rear bulkheads gives easier access to the engine screws.
The rear suspension design features Multi-Flex™ quick adjustment to easily adapt the handling of the car to particular track conditions and tires used. There are two different flex characteristics to choose from:
- SOFT – Graphite brace not used. This setting increases flex in the rear suspension and generates more rear traction. Recommended for low-traction tracks, or races with spec hard or large tires.
- STIFF – Graphite brace is connected to the 2-speed bulkheads. This setting reduces flex in the rear suspension and improves out-of-corner steering and rotation, but also slightly decreases rear traction. Recommended for medium-high-traction tracks, or when tires with additive are used.
Rear Suspension Multi-Flex™ Technology.
The all-new rear suspension design features Multi-Flex™ quick adjustment to easily adapt the handling of the car to particular track conditions and tires used. There are three different flex characteristics to choose from.
Graphite brace and bracket bushings are not used. This allows maximum flex of the rear suspension and generates maximum rear traction. Recommended for low-traction tracks, or races with spec hard or large tires.
Graphite brace connected to 2-speed bulkheads, bracket bushings not used. This slightly reduces the flex of the rear suspension and improves out-of-corner steering and rotation of the car, but also slightly decreases rear traction. Recommended for medium-traction tracks, or races with spec softer tires.
Graphite brace connected to 2-speed bulkheads, bracket bushings are used. This connects the entire rear suspension together, creating a stiff frame which allows the car to rotate more and improves out-of-corner steering. Recommended for high-traction tracks, or when tires with additive are used.
All-new redesigned rear layshaft bulkheads allow use of bracket bushings to connect the layshaft bulkheads to the rear bulkheads to reinforce the entire rear suspension. There are two flex settings of 2-speed bulkheads:
- SOFT – Bracket bushings not installed. The car has more traction. Recommended for low-traction conditions.
- STIFF – Bracket bushings are installed. The car is more free. Recommended for high-traction conditions.
The new bulkheads are an integral part of the chassis Multi-Flex™ system that offers a variety of choices for different flex adjustment.
Rear Graphite Stiffener.
All-new redesigned graphite brace connects the rear layshaft bulkheads and radio plate stand, allowing easier engine removal.
The rear graphite stiffener – made from 2mm graphite material – was designed to enhance the flex characteristics around the engine area. The brace is mounted on the right side between the 2-speed bulkhead and the adjacent aluminum radio plate mount.
The graphite stiffener provides optimized flex characteristics and can be easily removed when extra steering needed. An optional rear stiffener link is available to offer an in-between stiffness setting.
Since the release of the first XRAY NT1 nitro touring car, XRAY has been a driving force in the 1/10 nitro touring car racing scene. Continuous development and evolution of the XRAY product line has lead to ever-increasing performance.
With countless wins in multiple classes at the local, regional, national and international levels, XRAY has become the standard by which touring cars are measured today. The craftsmanship, durability and performance of XRAY kits have become legendary.
Made in Europe.
Designed, developed, and fully manufactured in-house at the XRAY factory in Slovakia, Europe, using the most high-tech German & Swiss machines and premium European materials, crafted with XRAY’s legendary attention to detail by our artistic production specialists. The NT1 is truly a masterpiece.
At the heart of XRAY’s philosophy it is a firm commitment to perfection when it comes to engineering, design, performance and support, all made possible by state-of-the-art in house manufacturing.
Since the first release of the NT1 back in 2007, it has enjoyed some of the greatest successes around the world, and been one of the most popular nitro touring cars around. The success of the NT1 has been the result of ongoing development and improvement based on feedback from Team XRAY and customers worldwide. I am very proud to present to you the latest evolution and best-ever performing nitro touring car…the new NT1.
XRAY NT1 Designer
See more posts about XRAY