While computer-generated effects are the go-to technique for anything remotely fantastic in most of today’s movies, director Christopher Nolan remains a steadfast believer in practical effects–in other words, putting real things in front of a camera. That includes full-size “Tumblers” for his Batman trilogy, but not all the Tumbler shots were achieved in full-scale. There’s also a lot of excellent miniature effects work, though the term “miniature” is definitely relative–look at the size of that model! Built by New Deal Studios, the 1/3 scale radio control filming model is truly incredible. The garbage truck is equally amazing as a model-building achievement, if not as exciting a topic as Batman’s ride. Watch the clip! [via io9/ComicBookMovie]
- Tamiya Land Rover Defender 90 Unboxing
- Easy! Make a Transmitter Phone Mount for About Three Bucks
- 4 0:25 / 4:19 Up next Autoplay 4:43 Traxxas E-Revo Integy Snow/Sand Conversion Kit Rc Barmaleuz 2.7M
- Sleep Better purple.com/mattress 0:03 / 3:58 Up next Autoplay What's New: Traxxas UDR Unlimited Des
- MiniPRO Electric Motor Dyno
- Unboxed: KO Propo EX-RR Pro Radio System
Do you have a video to share with RC Car Action? Submit your video here.