While computer-generated effects are the go-to technique for anything remotely fantastic in most of today’s movies, director Christopher Nolan remains a steadfast believer in practical effects–in other words, putting real things in front of a camera. That includes full-size “Tumblers” for his Batman trilogy, but not all the Tumbler shots were achieved in full-scale. There’s also a lot of excellent miniature effects work, though the term “miniature” is definitely relative–look at the size of that model! Built by New Deal Studios, the 1/3 scale radio control filming model is truly incredible. The garbage truck is equally amazing as a model-building achievement, if not as exciting a topic as Batman’s ride. Watch the clip! [via io9/ComicBookMovie]
- Unboxed: KO Propo EX-RR Pro Radio System
- Unboxing the New "Body Not Included" Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 VXL Chassis
- Unboxing: Kyosho Turbo Scorpion Re-release
- $15 Walmart Hyper Tough Power Driver Review - Good For RC?
- Please enjoy RC Car Action safely!
- Traxxas TRX-4 Trail Truck Unboxing - from RCCA Facebook Live