Outrageous Horsepower, Intense Speed, and Unmatched Realism
Cubic-inch for cubic-inch, no motorsport offers as much sheer power and performance as NHRA drag racing. A single funny car produces more horsepower than the first 8 rows of cars in a stock-car race. Drivers pull more than five Gs at launch, accelerating faster than a fighter jet. Over 300mph is achieved in about the time it takes to read this sentence.
The Traxxas Ford Mustang NHRA Funny Car Race Replica brings full-throttle fun to life the Traxxas way with outrageous horsepower, intense speed, and unmatched realism. The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car accurately captures the total racing experience with realistic staging action on the start line. After your burnout, shake up your opponent by being the last one to roll into the stage beam. When the lights go green, release the Launch Control for a perfect reaction time. You’ve already set your wheelie bar and used the multi-function knob on your transmitter to fine-tune the launch for maximum traction and acceleration. Traxxas Stability Management® (TSM) goes to work immediately, providing lightning-quick corrections to keep you from veering off course. From there, it’s up to you to keep it full throttle down the track and across the finish line.
Off the track, the realism continues with the tilt-up licensed Ford Mustang body developed from the full size CAD drawings, tube style chassis, super-sticky belted slicks, and accurate detailing. Traxxas replicates the steel, welded-tube construction of full-size funny cars with a gleaming black-chrome chassis. The front latch eliminates body clips for fast access to the battery compartment. The full suspension system is engineered to give the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car the ability to handle the ruts and bumps of real world track surfaces. Combined with the Traxxas DTS-1 Drag Timing System (sold separately) and the Traxxas Link application and Traxxas drag racing becomes a full-on simulation with timing so accurate, races are won and lost by a millisecond. Only Traxxas could bring this level of intense racing competition and all-out fun together in such a tightly engineered package.
Over-The-Top Brushless Horsepower
NHRA Funny Cars are famous for their fire-breathing 8000 horsepower engines that deliver massive thrust and propel them to speeds over 300mph in just 4-seconds. When the light goes green, the ET-3s brushless power system responds in an instant and unloads a massive blast of extreme power that rockets the Traxxas Ford Mustang NHRA Funny Car to the finish line. There are no brushes to wear out so you can dial in consistent times and blazing speed, pass after pass. Traxxas’ exclusive Staging Mode (patent pending) allows the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car to creep into the stage beams of the DTS-1 timing system (sold separately) allowing you to execute authentic starting line strategy against your opponent.
- Traxxas Ford Mustang NHRA Funny Car with bold race graphics
- The Traxxas Funny Car reaches speeds in excess of 70mph!*
- Powered by the Traxxas ET-3s Electronic Speed Control with custom
- Programming exclusively for authentic drag racing
- Traxxas ET-2400 brushless motor (2400 Kv)
- Scale Funny Car “tube-style” tub chassis
- Modular simplicity, fiber-composite chassis
- Quick-release front body hold down and replica tilt-up body
- Functional, adjustable wheelie bar
- Inboard front suspension system
- Adjustable 3-link rear suspension with sway bar
- Quick-release battery hold down
- Direct-drive transmission
- Oil-filled sealed differential
- Oversized 6mm rear axles
- Threaded-body, oil-filled GTR shocks permit fast, precise preload adjustments and deliver smooth, consistent damping
- Single point steering with integrated servo saver
- Specially engineered belted slick rear tires (2″ wide rear)
- Contoured, molded rear tire inserts
- Front Funny Car Race Replica tires
- Mirror-chrome 5-spoke Race Replica wheels
- TQi 2.4GHz High-Output radio system with Traxxas Link model memory
- Digital high-torque waterproof micro steering servo
- Enclosed receiver box
- Scalable battery compartments from NiMH packs to brutal 3S LiPo power
* 70+mph requires installing an optional 20-tooth pinion gear and a 3S 6400 mAh LiPo battery pack (#2857X) (sold separately)