A New Generation of Performance
Developed specifically for the hard-hitting Drag Slash, the Pro Series Magnum 272R upgrades key features of the standard Magnum transmission for maximum durability and next-level performance. A new low-profile design, 3.2 mm motor plate and hardened steel top shaft are just the beginning. The Pro Series Magnum 272R represents a complete performance redesign and now it’s available for your standard or VXL 2WD Bandit, Rustler, Stampede, or Slash.
QUICK FEATURES ON PRO SERIES MAGNUM 272R TRANSMISSION (#9495)
- Redesigned transmission case
- Reinforced for added strength and rigidity
- Low-CG design for improved handling
- Ultra-rigid wheelie bar mount
- 3.2 mm Aluminum Motor Plate
- Increases structural rigidity
- Improves heat dissipation
- Compatible with fixed gear mesh system
- Hardened-steel top shaft
- Press-fit top gear for superior strength and durability
- Sealed differential
- Hardened-steel beveled gears
- Tunable with silicone differential oil
- Easy access differential
- Simple removal for tuning and maintenance
Precision Transmission Case
The Pro Series Magnum 272R transmission is engineered for strength with its rugged, reinforced case. The case halves engage precisely to seal out dirt and debris, and create a rigid structure to support the motor, suspension arms, and optional wheelie bar. The thick T-6 aluminum motor plate resists flex and acts as a heatsink.
All-Metal Internal Gears
This race-ready transmission is built for massive torque with high-strength steel input, idler, and differential gears and large-diameter bearings. The input gear is keyed and press fit onto the top shaft for greater precision and strength than a pin-mounted gear.
Sealed Beveled-Gear Differential
The heavy-duty steel-gear differential is X-ring and gasket-sealed and filled with grease for all-around performance. It’s easy to tune the differential’s locking action by adding different viscosity silicone oil to suit surface traction.
The Magnum 272R’s easily removable differential makes maintenance and tuning easier than ever. Disconnect the driveshafts and open the hatch to release the differential in just minutes.