Every Christmas season, we search for reasons to convince our significant other that RC equipment makes a great gift. Who wants socks and button-up shirts when you could get a 4.5-turn brushless motor or fifteen sets of rubber tires?
Here are the top 10 reasons why we like to ask for RC gifts at Christmas time.
10. Nothing says “Happy Holidays” like the dulcet tones of a 23cc gasoline engine at full throttle.
9. Two cans of spray paint–red and green–and you’ll have a Christmas-themed RC vehicle your wife will appreciate.
8. Kyosho’s Blizzard snowplow can help you plow a path outside for your pets to go to bathroom.
7. If the electricity goes out, you can fire up your 1/8-scale nitro buggy and huddle around its cooling head to keep warm.
6. CA tire glue works wonders when fixing broken Christmas tree ornaments.
5. Train sets are boring; wind garlands around the tree at 60mph using your new Traxxas E-Revo Brushless edition.
4. You’re more likely to receive that Hakko soldering station if you offer to re-solder all of those frayed Christmas light wires.
3. It’ll get warmer eventually; what are you supposed to do this spring, use last year’s old car? I don’ think so.
2. You own enough neck ties for 100 men, but no man ever has too much RC gear.
1. A new car kit gives you the perfect reason to hide from your
wonderful insane in-laws on Christmas Day—-your new vehicle ain’t gonna magically build itself!