Surprise! Two new RTRs from Team Associated, and we’re guessing the one that’s most catching your eye is that Trophy Rat replica. That thing looks good. Also no slouch: the Reflex DB10 Desert Buggy, which gets the same 2WD short-course chassis as the Trophy Rat. The Team racked up nine ROAR Nats titles with the full-race versions of the platform, so yeah, it works. Adding an extra measure of control is electronic stability control via the new Dynamic Vehicle Control (DVC) system, and LED headlights and tailights are included too. Both models get the same sensorless Reedy brushless power systems, blue-ano’d big-bore aluminum shocks, Method replica wheels…it’s all in the official deets below. Video too, go all the way down.
Starting life as a 1937 International shell, the full-scale Trophy Rat has gone over 1,500 man hours (and counting) from conceptualization to completion. The goal for this build was to accomplish the perfect blend between a trophy truck and a rat rod with an LS6 Corvette engine for a heart. Something that could be used as a daily driver, but also take to the King of Hammers or local road course.
Team Associated’s Ready-To-Run 1:10 replica of Northrup Fabrication’s Trophy Rat is wrapped around the chassis and engineering of the 9-time R.O.A.R. Short Course National Championship-winning truck. The Trophy Rat is both all show and all go!
The truck features a water-resistant high-power Reedy brushless speed control and 3300kV brushless motor, a 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system as well as our ALL NEW DVC (Dynamic Vehicle Control) receiver unit with built-in adjustable digital gyro which allows vehicle stability to be adjusted to flow with the terrain. A Reedy metal-gear digital high-torque servo and LED lights front and rear round out the Trophy Rat!
The suspension also received an upgrade with the addition of adjustable blue anodized aluminum V2 12mm big bore coil-over shocks. The gearbox now comes with a heavy-duty sealed-gear differential and externally adjustable V2 slipper clutch. 81mm CVA driveshafts increase traction and chassis support. Hex-drive wheels come standard on the Trophy Rat with realistic off road wheels and tires to keep the truck gripping the ground.
#90040 Trophy Rat RTR Brushless requires battery and charger
#70019C Trophy Rat RTR Brushless LiPo Combo includes a Reedy Compact Balance Charger and Reedy 7.4V LiPo Battery with T-plug
Reflex DB10 Ready-To-Run
Team Associated’s Reflex DB10 is a Ready-To-Run RC electric desert buggy based on the 9-time R.O.A.R. Short Course National Championship-winning truck.
- Based on the 9-time R.O.A.R. National Champion short-course race truck platform
- 2.4GHz 2-channel radio with new DVC (Dynamic Vehicle Control) receiver; featuring built-in adjustable gyro
- High-torque, metal-gear Reedy Servo with spring style servo saver
- Powerful Reedy 3300kV Brushless motor
- Water-resistant high-power Reedy brushless speed control with T-plug connector and LiPo low voltage cutoff
- Realistic Trophy Rat Body based on the Northrup Fabrication’s “Trophy Rat”
- Realistic Method Wheels with 12mm front and rear hex-drive nuts
- Four integrated LEDs included, 2 front, 2 rear
- Water-resistant enclosed receiver box
- Durable and lightweight aluminum top shaft
- Low center-of-gravity molded composite chassis with hook-and-loop battery straps that accommodate both NiMH and 2/3s LiPo battery packs
- Metric hardware throughout
- 14 precision rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Durable front and rear body mounts
- Rear CVA drive shafts for more reliability
- Aluminum 12mm big bore coil-over shock absorbers
- 2.6:1 ratio gearbox with heavy-duty sealed gear differential and externally adjustable V2 slipper clutch
- Rugged steel turnbuckles for adjustable camber and front toe-in
- Fully adjustable suspension geometry
- Vertical ball ends for roll center adjustments, front and rear
- Many Factory Team options already available!
- Combo #70019C includes a Reedy Compact Balance Charger and Reedy 7.4V LiPo Battery with T-plug