From Team Associated:
Team Associated has taken all of the performance engineering developed for the RC8B3, RC8B3e, and RC8T3 Team kits and used the data to complete the family of 1:8 off road vehicles with our new brushless powered RC8T3e Team Kit!
The RC8T3e Team Kit was developed based on the RC8T3 nitro truggy and uses a unique proprietary hard anodized 7075-T6 aluminum chassis specifically designed for brushless power with optimum weight distribution and superior handling.
The RC8T3e shares over 90% parts compatibility with the RC8T3 nitro truggy, offering the perfect solution for multi-class racers. Knowing that racers would be competing in 1:8 buggy and truggy in both nitro and electric forms at the same events, the RC8T3e was designed to handle and respond to changes like the rest of it’s 1:8 family. This similar handling characteristic gives the racer a huge advantage, as tuning changes can be applied seamlessly!
Designed to handle, built to win. The RC8T3e Team Kit was designed to give the committed electric 1:8 racer the highest level of performance that will help take your program to the next level.
- Hard-anodized 7075-T6 aluminum chassis features an optimized weight bias layout for improved handling and stability
- New V2 diffs included for longer life and improved performance
- Front suspension features pillow ball uprights for increased adjustability and improved durability
- Lightweight ring gears and optimized precision ball bearing sizing reduces drivetrain rotational mass for improved acceleration and battery efficiency
- Gearboxes feature a 4.6:1 internal gear ratio with fast access differentials for quick removal, tuning and maintenance
- Six universal drive shafts for efficient drivetrain power delivery and ease of maintenance
- 7075-T6 aluminum 16mm “Big Bore” threaded shocks with TiN coated 3.5mm shafts, larger diameter precision springs, and optimized bladders for more precise volume compensation
- 7075-T6 aluminum shock towers front and rear feature finely tuned shock mounting and upper arm positions
- Refined suspension geometry with lower hinge pin inserts for quick and easy roll center adjustments
- Lightweight one-piece wing mounts feature height and forward positioning adjustment for more precise handling
- Pro-Line RC8T3e clear body and Team Associated molded wing included
- Two-piece sliding motor mount for easy gear mesh adjustment and motor removal
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Truck
Scale Size: 1:8 Scale
Assembly Level: Kit*
Length: 560mm (22.05in)
Wheelbase: 376.5mm (14.82in)
* This vehicle comes as a kit and must be fully assembled by the user. Electronics and/or an engine/motor may be required.
Required to Complete:
- 2 channel radio/transmitter — FM/PCM/2.4GHz recommended
- Transmitter batteries
- 1:8 scale speed control, motor, and pinion (see motor manufacturer’s gearing recommendations for correct pinion size).
- High-torque steering servo
- 1:8 scale truggy wheels and tires
- CA (Cyanoacrylate) glue
- Polycarbonate-specific spray paint or polycarbonate-specific bottled paint and airbrush
- Tools: Needle nose pliers, Hobby knife, Reamer/hole punch, Ride Height Gauge
- 4S LiPo battery and charger
#80918 – MSRP $819.99
Available April 2016