New from AE:
Team Associated is proud to release the RC8e, a 1:8 scale electric powered competition buggy kit based on the championship winning RC8 platform!
The RC8e engineering team has developed a practical design that incorporates the same exceptional strength, durability, cornering capability, jumping ability, and rough track handling that characterize the nitro powered RC8.
With special features such as a hard anodized machined chassis, correctly balanced and optimized weight distribution, composite “Big Bore” shocks featuring 4mm gold shafts, upgraded steering system, and exclusive body design, every inch of the RC8e screams high-performance and durability. In fact, the RC8e has already proven itself as a top competitor with a 1st Place finish in its debut event!
Enjoying the awesome performance, convenience, and cleanliness of electric power has never been easier!
RC8e Kit Features:
- Molded battery tray supports two ROAR-approved 1:10 scale size 7.4v LiPo battery packs with room for foam pads
- Receiver box, servo, and battery tray are removable in one piece for easy maintenance and cleaning
- Convenient wire routing keeps critical electronic wires out of drive-train components and simplifies disassembly
- Includes pinion gear (15T) and molded composite spur gear (46T)
- Rigid one-piece motor mount utilizes standard motor screw mounting pattern
- Large elevated speed control mounting area allows for easy screw mounting of common speed controllers
- Upgraded dual bellcrank steering for more consistent steering and reduced bump-steer
- 16mm “Big-Bore” molded composite shocks with preload clips
- Hard anodized 7075-T6 aluminum chassis
- 3mm aluminum shock towers
- Durable 10mm thick suspension arms
- Rear molded CVA boots to keep dirt and mud out of rear joints
- Alloy steel turnbuckles
- Caster blocks adjust 14, 16, or 18 degrees with molded inserts
- Adjustable suspension pivot bushings for different pivot height options
- 4.30:1 ratio gearboxes
- 3.5mm light CVA drivetrain
- Pre-drilled wing with adjustable angle and location
- Blue aluminum drive hexes
- Blue aluminum nylock wheel nuts
- 83mm Factory Team wheels (#89296)
- Speed control mounting area includes convenient switch-mounting boss
- Utilizes 3 hook-and-loop straps to secure LiPo batteries into battery tray
- Enclosed receiver box to protects electronic components
- Unpainted RC8e body with cooling scoops (#89523)
Internal Gear Ratio 4.30:1
ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS ARE NOT INCLUDED.
BODY IS UNPAINTED
*Actual weight will vary depending on the electronics used in the finished kit.
RC8e 1:8 Scale 4WD Electric Buggy Kit
Availability: April 2009