From Team Associated:
Team Associated’s all-new A550 Rally Car is a highly detailed and fun-to-drive Ready-to-Run RC car. Built on a budget friendly Apex2 Sport chassis, the A550 Rally Car is a beautiful true-to-life scale version of the Group B cars from the golden era of rallying during the 1980s. These cars were some of the fastest, most powerful, and most sophisticated rally cars ever built!
The Apex2 Sport chassis features some of the latest features in rally racing. A front and rear independent suspension with coil-over shocks and active rear toe give the Apex2 Sport the ultimate in handling on uneven tarmac. This makes it a perfect platform for the A550 Rally Car!
The #30126C LiPo Combo includes a #27201 Reedy Compact Balance Charger and #758 Reedy 7.4V 2S LiPo Battery with T-plug.
What is rally racing?
Traditionally considered a gentleman’s sport, rally racing can trace its origins back to the 1894 Paris-Rouen Horseless Carriage Competition. Ever since those early days, rally racing continues to be a motorsport where a driver and navigator race down closed dirt or paved roads, one car at a time, flat out as fast as they can. The drivers race only against the clock rather than each other. Ever since the beginning, rally drivers push themselves to be the fastest. They have evolved to be considered some of the best drivers in the world as they drive on pavement, gravel, mud, snow, and ice — in all seasons and conditions.
The term “rally” was first used at the 1907 Monte Carlo Rally and wasn’t widely used until it became popular in the late 1920s. Throughout the years rally racing would become popular throughout Europe and eventually the world. In 1973 the World Rally Championship was created. During the 1980s the popular rear-wheel-drive (Group 2 and Group 4) cars were replaced by more powerful four-wheel-drive (Group B) cars. It is this class that the Team Associated Apex2 Sport, A550 Rally Car is modeled after.
The Team Associated A550 Rally Car features a one-piece four color polycarbonate body with highly detailed decal sheet, injection-molded mirrors, windshield wipers, light pods, spoiler, headlights, and exhaust. The rally look is completed with a set of rally-inspired block tires and white turbine-style 1.9″ (41mm) wheels.
- For better handling, A-arm front and rear independent suspension keeps the Apex2 chassis under control during the wildest of driving conditions.
- Coil-over shock absorbers smooth out the bumps when ripping around the rally course.
- Active rear suspension allows the amount of toe change to be adjusted throughout the suspension cycle, increasing or decreasing rear grip.
- A sealed center driveline keeps dirt and debris out for smooth and reliable power delivery.
- The Reedy’s 550 15-turn, 3-slot motor provides plenty of torque and tire-ripping speed.
- Controlling speed and power is by the Reedy SC500X programmable brushed ESC (program card sold separately) with T-plug connector.
- 550-sized brushed motor
- Steel dog bones and drive axles
- Sealed front and rear gear differentials
- Adjustable hook and loop battery straps
Injection-molded brake calipers and rotors
- Aluminum motor plate
- Adjustable shock mounting locations
- Bolt-on steering plates
- Molded one-piece tie rods and steering links
- Sealed receiver box
- Adjustable body post height locations
- Steel 25T servo horn
- Active rear toe suspension design
- Plastic tub main chassis
- ‘Shorty’ battery box
- POM-filled injection molded pivot balls
- Oilite bushings
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Rally
Scale Size: 1:10 Scale
Assembly Level: Ready-To-Run*
Length: 458mm (18.03in)
Width: 200mm (7.87in)
Wheelbase: 259mm (10.2in)
Gear Ratio: 2.6:1
* This vehicle is fully assembled and ready to run right out of the box. Some models may require a battery and/or charger.
Required to Complete:
#30126 and 30126C: Four (4) AA batteries (#302 Reedy AA Alkaline) used in the transmitter
#30126: LiPo Shorty battery with High Current T-Plug (#758 Reedy 7.4V 2S LiPo Battery with T-plug)
#30126: Charger for battery used (#27201 or #27203 Reedy balance Charger for LiPo, LiFe)
#30126 – Apex2 Sport, A550 Rally Car RTR – $319.99 MAP
#30126C – Apex2 Sport, A550 Rally Car RTR LiPo Combo – $389.99 MAP
See more posts about Team Associated