The Volkswagen Golf Mk.1 was a well-known machine of European touring car racing. The Kamei-sponsored car with its distinctive livery ran in the low-modification Group 2 class of its day.
The Tamiya R/C model faithfully captures the fun and maneuverability of the real life subject as it comes on the proven M-05 M-chassis platform. The M-05 is a simple to build FWD (front wheel drive) machine, which allow for numerous after-market parts to be outfitted as you grow with your skill.
M-05: Low Center of Gravity, High Performance!
The front wheel drive M-05 chassis features a lightweight, narrow, durable, and easy-assembly semi-monocoque resin frame. Gearbox, motor, battery pack, receiver, servo, and ESC are-positioned for optimum weight distribution, and a low center of gravity. Ground-hugging 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension and the 3-piece steering linkage supply stable high-speed cornering. 5-spoke wheels are-molded in black and have tires with realistic tread patterns and inner sponge. In this kit, the chassis is setup with the 239mm L wheelbase.
- 1/12 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 329mm, width: 175mm, height: 120mm. Wheelbase: 210mm.
- Polycarbonate body.
- The front wheel drive M-05 chassis features a lightweight, narrow, durable, and easy-assembly semi- monocoque resin frame.
- Gearbox, motor, battery pack, receiver, servo and ESC are positioned for optimum weight distribution and a low center of gravity.
- Ground-hugging 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension and the 3-piece steering linkage supply stable high-speed cornering.
- Stylish gold color wheels are paired with M-Chassis racing slick tires featuring tire inserts.
- Includes marking stickers for decoration.
- An entire range of Hop-Up option parts are available to tune your M-05 chassis.
- Includes 540-Type Brushed motor and ESC.
- Requires: 2-channel radio, steering servo, 7.2-7.4volt battery with compatible charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
Adjustable Gear Ratio: Yes
Bearings: Plastic bushing
Body Material: Polycarbonate
Body Stickers: Included
Chassis Material: ABS Plastic
Chassis: Type M-05
Construction Type: Assembly Kit
Differential Type: Gear
Drive Type: 2WD-FWD
Electronic Speed Control (esc): Includes HobbyWing THW 1060 Brushed Motor ESC (2-3S)
Motor: 540-brushed type
Required To Complete: 2-channel radio, steering servo, 7.2volt battery & battery charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
Shock Damper: Friction type
Suspension: Fully Independent Double Wishbone
Terrain Use: On-Road