Tamiya’s Racing Factory designers have a very specific and focused goal. Provide Tamiya’s hardened and lifelong fan base state-of-the-art radio control racing products. The TRF420 is Tamiya’s successor to the popular TRF419 series which included the TRF419, TRF419X, and the TRF419XR. Our design team have come up with a host of brand-new parts designs that ensure this racing chassis takes the TRF Series of products to a different level.
- 1/10 scale 4WD R/C touring car chassis model assembly kit.
- 2 belt-driven 4WD drivetrain utilizes rear gear differential and front/center direct pulley.
- New gear diff pulley and case parts provide a weight savings of 1.5g,
- Less oil leakage from newly designed diff parts.
- Front direct pulley and direct holder are made from an integrated plastic part for a weight savings of 2g compared to previous designs using separate parts. Direct cups are screw-attached, allowing their replacement
- ithout the need to remove the direct pulley component.
- New double cardan universal shaft design.
- Employs a carbon fiber double-deck frame (2mm thickness upper and lower decks) for just the right balance of flex characteristics.
- New suspension arm design, which use bushing inserts to allow different lever ratios.
- Rear arms are 3mm offset to the rear, allowing a shorter lower deck and increased traction.
- New adjustable suspension mounts and plastic bushing design. Changing the bushings allows a huge range of toe, roll center and caster angle settings.
- An updated steering linkage is now paired with a new steering pivot component, for easy tweaks to the steering setup.
- New Bearing holders (on gear diff and front direct pulley) provide more precise location and a super-smooth drivetrain.
- The bumper design has been altered so as not to impact chassis’ roll characteristics.
- New body mounts are 2mm offset; change their attachment position for different body mount location and fine tuning of your car’s center of balance.
- New Lightweight wheel axles weigh approximately 1.5g less than predecessors and allow a choice between clip or grub screw fastening.
- New suspension shafts are made of durable stainless steel. At 3mm in diameter, they are thicker than previous 2.6mm parts for a sturdier suspension setup. They have a continuous groove for easier grub screw attachment.
- New 2-part front upright designs utilize separate arm and bearing housing components.
- New rear uprights are redesigned for use with 3mm diameter shafts.
- New front hub carriers have been revised specifically for this chassis, with greater resistance to shocks and crashes. They are also compatible with 3mm diameter shafts. Upper and lower flanged tubes are now identical.
- Required to complete: 190mm GT body set, 24mm wheels and tires, 2-channel radio, servo, ESC, 7.4 racing battery and compatible charger, and 540-size racing motor.
Adjustable Gear Ratio: Yes
Bearings: Includes full ball bearings
Body Material: Requires 190mm width Touring or Sports Car Body
Chassis Material: Carbon Fiber
Chassis Type: TRF420
Construction Type: Assembly Kit
Differential Type: Gear-Type (Oil-Filled)
Drive Type: 4WD
Electronic Speed Control (esc): Sold Separately
Motor: 540 Type Required
Requires: 2-channel radio, steering servo, ESC, 7.2-7.4 volt battery & compatible battery charger, motor, tires & wheels, 190mm body set and Tamiya PS paint.
Shock Damper: Oil-filled damper
Suspension: 4-wheel fully independent double wishbone
Terrain Use: On-Road