From the inventive designer that brought Tamiya fans the popular TA-07 and M-07 on-road racing machines comes this new Formula E replica on the entirely new TC-01 platform.
Formula E has established itself as a major global racing series. In 2020 it has even earned official world championship status from the FIA. The series only uses electric cars, making it an ideal subject for Tamiya, the renowned maker of electric R/C models. This first release kit recreates the championship livery version of the Gen2 car design.
TC-01: Chassis Highlights
The TC-01 is an entirely new chassis design incorporating a shaft drive line and 4WD inboard suspension, making this machine exceedingly low-profile.
- In addition to the unique Formula E Gen2 body, this chassis is compatible with standard touring car measurement bodies. Wheelbase: 257mm.
- A hybrid combination of monocoque and upper frame is reminiscent of that seen on the TA07 and other modern Tamiya machines. It offers superior rigidity and the potential for a whole range of car setups.
- All-new front and rear inboard suspension utilizes identical left and right long arms and uprights for optimal leverage ratio and streamlined maintenance. Oil dampers are actuated by push rods and rocker arms.
- Use of different spacers allows alteration of camber, caster and toe angles for maximum freedom of setup.
- Change bumpers and body mounts to switch between formula and touring car layouts.
- The shaft-driven 4WD layout uses TB-05 design oil-filled gear differentials for smooth, efficient drive performance.
- Compatible with IFMAR standard “square-shape” dimension battery packs.
- Hop-Up Option parts to further tune your machine available.
1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit
Length: 430mm, width: 188mm, height: 99mm.
Polycarbonate body. Separate polycarbonate components recreate rear wing and side parts.
Halo and mirror components are molded in white ABS.
Stickers are included to recreate the championship car livery.
Required to complete: 2-channel radio, steering servo, ESC, 7.2-7.4volt battery pack with compatible charge, and Tamiya PS paint for polycarbonate arts and Tamiya TS paint for ABS plastic parts.
#58681 – MAP $265.30