This is a Limited-Edition Black Special release of the Avante 2011 edition, which was originally released to commemorate the 35th anniversary of Tamiya R/C car products. It sports a color scheme inspired by its Mini 4WD cousin the Avante Black Special.
About the Avante:
The machine features a unique shaft-driven 4WD system which was taken from Tamiya’s first 4WD R/C buggy, the Hotshot. It features a highly sophisticated design including an FRP double-deck chassis layout, longitudinal motor & battery positions, and a formula-type body with chassis fairing. It is equipped with innovative components such as a compact gearbox with 3 small planetary gears, a center diff to increase stability, a fully adjustable suspension, and cam-lock wheel caps.
The modern specification of the car has a few updates, such as universal drive-shafts and machined aluminum uprights, which gives this version increased durability and performance over the original.
- 1/10 scale R/C shaft-driven 4WD buggy assembly kit. Length: 420mm, width: 240mm, height: 140mm. Wheelbase: 260mm.
- Carbon-fiber parts such as 2mm thickness upper & lower decks, plus rear damper stay offer superb strength.
- Includes Avante (2011) Racing Steering Set, with a 2mm thickness carbon fiber steering plate and 850 ball bearings giving silky smooth motion.
- Includes Avante (2011) Torque Splitter Set, with torque splitter and ball differentials for sure-footed traction.
- 4-wheel double wishbone suspension has metal shafts for great customizability.
- Aluminum front uprights.
- Spike tires are mounted on fluorescent pink wheels.
- Comes with a 25-Turn motor featuring a special label.
- Requires: 2-Channel Radio, servo, ESC (electronic speed control) 7.2volt battery pack & charger, and Tamiya PS paint