I decided to take a break from RC over the weekend and took some time to get started on my 1/12-scale Foose 69 Camaro build. I didn’t want to start the build until I had figured out what direction that I wanted to go with it. I have narrowed it down to a pro touring/car show type build and it will have a lot of custom parts on it including some 3D printed ones. Here’s where I as so far.
I want to take my model as far as I can go by making as detailed as possible. Full-size cars have opening doors and trunks so I decided that my model had to have the same thing. I separated the doors and trunk by scribing along the gaps until it broke through. Now I have to clean up the edges of the parts and body then set the gaps so that they are perfect all around before hinging everything.
Want to see more? Become an RC Car Action Premium member to see all of “Kev’s Bench” every Monday.
RC Car Action Premium offers members exclusive content and the first look at the latest projects, shoot-outs, how-to’s and more!
Membership includes exclusive access to…
• 8+ years of digital editions of RC Car Action.
• Digital editions of special issues, previously only available on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get RC Car Action on your mobile or tablet device
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of RC Car Action archives
• Exclusive photos and videos
• Unique posts and columns just for Premium members