You can always count on Serpent to produce top-quality on-roaders, and the brand best known for its 1/8 scale pavement weapons makes a heck of a 1/12 scale carpet-cutter as well. The S120 is the latest, and as you can see in the photos below, it’s a first-class machine. Says Serpent, “Focus on development has been put on front end adjustability, a new, innovative rear-center pivot system, shock-absorber position and mounting and position and overall flex dynamics.” Sounds good to us.
For more pics, visit our Hot News & New Stuff forum
Click to enlarge
Serpent 1/12 scale pan car S120 LTR version. High performance 1/12 scale pan chassis, with nicely machined carbon fiber and aluminum parts. Superb fully adjustable front end creates loads of steering. Spring loaded Link system, in combination with diagonal positioned main shock and tube-system, controls the roll of the car. Well balanced Lipo chassis offers wide selection of set-up features and options to dial the car in best for any track.
Serpent is now releasing this new version of the 1/12 scale S120 platform, the S120 LTR
Focus on development has been put on front end adjustability, a new, innovative rear-center pivot system, shock-absorber position and mounting and position and overall flex dynamics. Feedback from the Serpent drivers over the past season is in this way put fully into action, combined with new ideas from Michael Salven, head of design.
- Innovative rear-central pivot system which connect the rear pod in new way with the chassis, and thus prevents any binding, creating more effective side link action, at any angle. With this changing roll-center is also very easy.
- New upper arms combined with new steering blocks with easy inserts to adjust kingpin inclination chassis in new shape to allow for new rear pivot and flex dynamics
- Side-springs can now be used in outer or inner position
- Simplified front shock tower system to lower CG, 2 positions possible, one as before and one longer.
- Lower CG with new rear pod brackets