X20FWD ’21 is based on the design of the X20 touring car.
The chassis is based on the popular mid motor design, using a light weight and strong 1-piece motor mount concept, without any interference between the front and rear chassis flex while still allowing center flex adjustability. The advantage for this style of design is to allow maximum flex capabilities without impacting the drivetrain, meaning smoother power delivery, more consistency and less chance of stripping spurs.
Suspension and Steering:
Using the last 4 years of development the X20 keeps the successful 4X proven pivot ball style setup allowing for easy and fast adjustments to camber, toe, track width etc. A new 2-point steering crank system has been implemented for more Ackermann adjustment, this coupled with 4X geometry guarantees race success!
Continuing from what we have learnt from other RC platforms we now introduce a new suspension arm design, allowing the ability to adjust arm flex! Multiple styles of carbon and other materials will be available as optional items to fine tune your X20’s grip and feel for whichever track you are on.
Understanding the Eryx’s sway bar system then combining with 4X concepts, the all new X20 Low Centre of Gravity (LCG) Anti-roll bar system can lower the sway bar point on the bulkhead without limiting the leverage point by connecting to the upper arm. A smart system which achieves the best of being LCG while retaining optimal performance.
The X20 features a more traditional approach to the shock absorbers in comparison to the 4X, making it more user friendly with less complication. We have focused on producing the highest quality components to ensure the best fitment. Utilizing our smoothest leak proof X ring we believe the X20 shock absorber is a game changer!
Drive train ratio:
The thought about the X20FWD’21 was always for stock racing, but with our new drive train ratio 38/21 it’s easier to change the gear ratio from 2 to 6.5
Battery mounting system allow different layout for the balance motor weight more move to center, to keep balance for using a shorty battery in all possible conditions.
Main new Items
The all new dual ball bearing DJC shafts in the front, and in the rear the all new ball raced CVD are included as standard. Giving ultra-smooth & silent torque application throughout the suspension and steering travel
Keeping with our successful dual pivot ball suspension system, we have created even more adjustment to fine tune the handling characteristics.
Our new Steering hub allows adjustment of Axle height, offset and Roll center. Utilizing these options have allowed our team drivers to create more corner speed over the previous model.
Side lipo mount:
Also included in the X20FWD ’21 is the side lipo mount.
Suspension Geometry Base on Project 4X touring Car, the 2016-2017 IFMAR World Championship 3rd place 2016 EFRA EC A-main finalist, 2017 Multiple ETS A-main finalist
Medius concept top deck.
Steering rack and new Ackerman levers:
Steering rack and Ackerman steering system.
X20 12mm shocks:
The proven X20 50mm shock dampers with 12mm shock body and universal shock-springs.
Motor & servo mount for complete flex control.
The motor and servo mount are connected to create a new way of flex control.
The ultra-low antiroll bars are available in different sizes.
The front and rear suspension arms are from the successful X20 and can be used with or without the optional carbon X stiffeners.
Battery mount options:
You can use 3 different battery layouts in the X20FWD’21 car, to create the best weight distribution for each track.
The nicely shaped rear differential features molded internal gears which makes it super smooth. The compact and light unit holds a good amount of oil to deliver consistent performance throughout the run. It is fast and easy to take out and re-mount the differential.
The suspension brackets are adjustable with our 1pc suspension brackets shims available in 1mm and 2mm.
The proven X20 bearing blocks with tradition Cam type belt adjustment for the ideal belt tension.
Bumper and body mounts:
Impact proof bumpers and new body post position specially designed for the X20FWD.
Optional rear flex system:
Rear center flex adjustment with butterfly style stiffener.
Overview of the main specs:
- Serpent Adjustable 50mm shock with 12mm oversize shock body
- Serpent Linear bigger bore springs
- Dampers include machined pistons for best possible consistency
- Traditional style ball raced LCG Anti-roll bar
- Pivot ball suspension with small balls for simplicity and free movement
- 4x style arm mount with adjustable castor
- Easy diff and spool removal
- Extremely low center of gravity
- All new steering system for Ackermann geometry
- Motor mount holder with adjustable flex
- Re-Active rear steering RRS system is standard
- 1-piece shaft and motor mount allow easy maintenance and changing of spur gears
- Same heave damper front and rear which is mounted below the diff/spool just above the chassis for lowest possible center of gravity
- Durable and smooth gear differential
- Battery mounting system allow different layout for the balance
- Lightweight front aluminum spool with hardened steel outdrives, bladeless
- Carbon fiber chassis in 2.0mm hard as standard
- dual ball bearing DJC shafts in the front made from spring-steel prevent wheel chatter
- Even length Kevlar reinforced drive belt and super true running pulleys, midshaft pulleys made from hard anodized aluminum for maximum durability.