An evolution of the original X20 Medius!
Learning from the X20 we have improved some handling characteristics to make the car more nimble and improve corner speed, stiffening of the chassis in critical areas to change the flex points along with tweaking the roll center has led to the all improved speed.
A Refresh on the already smooth drivetrain gives us more acceleration and nicer torque delivery with the all new ball raced driveshaft system.
Innovative New Steering hubs allow a multitude of setup combinations including an industry first axle offset option.
The new X20’21 is lighter, faster and more adjustable.
Main new Items
The all new dual ball bearing DJC shafts in the front, and in the rear the all new ball raced CVD are included as standard. Giving ultra smooth & silent torque application throughout the suspension and steering travel.
A fresh designed symmetrical chassis delivers sharper steering response with more stability, utilizing the current flex options giving you ultimate adjustability to suit your track condition and driving style. Available in both Carbon (400037) and Aluminum (400038) variants. There are also optional aluminum chassis available (medium and hard)
Dual ball bearing belt tensioners now keep that belt running silky smooth with zero chance of skipping a tooth on that high power application. One piece Medius design with new optional fan mount, designed for easy installation and removal.
New Super low design, keeping the center of gravity ultra low.
Keeping with our successful dual pivot ball suspension system, we have created even more adjustment to fine tune the handling characteristics.
Our new Steering hub allows adjustment of Axle height, offset and Roll center. Utilizing these options have allowed our team drivers to create more corner speed over the previous model.
We have endeavored to make the light even lighter! Moving towards a one piece composite design replacing the previous aluminum version. Less rotating mass means more speed and acceleration, a must in spec racing.
A new top deck is used with a smooth twin bearing flex design, easily adjustable to have in fixed ‘stiff’ option or open for more grip our new shape offers much easier car maintenance.
FRONT SHOCK TOWER:
The newly designed front shock tower changes the shock angle for more rotation through the corner.
REAR ARM MOUNT:
The new position rear upper arm mount has been refined from the previous model bringing it to the sweet spot in rear roll center position.
A more modern small lower bumper is utilized to shave some weight from the previous design, whilst a new larger foam is now included to fill the space for those forward mounted bodies.
Coming standard is the newly designed upper bumper brace, crucial for chassis protection against frontal impacts.
- The proven 50mm shock dampers with 12mm shock body and Universal shock-springs from the X20.
- Ultra-Low sway bar position
- Upper Arm mount and 1 piece shim system
- The X20 design Bulkhead with traditional Cam type belt adjustment
Overview of the main specs
- Serpent Adjustable 50mm shock with 12mm oversize shock body
- Serpent Linear bigger bore springs
- Dampers include machined pistons for best possible consistency
- Traditional style ball raced LCG Anti-roll bar
- Pivot ball suspension with small balls for simplicity and free movement
- 4x style arm mount with adjustable castor
- Easy diff and spool removal
- Extremely low center of gravity
- All new steering system for Ackermann geometry
- Motor mount holder with adjustable flex
- Re-Active rear steering RRS system is standard
- 1 piece shaft and motor mount allow easy maintenance and changing of spur gears
- Durable and smooth gear differential
- Battery mounting system allow different size and height battery
- Lightweight front spool with hardened steel outdrives, bladeless
- Carbon fiber chassis in 2.25mm as standard in the 400037
- Aluminum 7075T6 soft chassis in 2mm as standard in the 400038
- Even length Kevlar reinforced drive belt and super true running pulleys, midshaft pulleys made out of hard anodized aluminum for maximum durability