Stunning Standard Equipment:
- Chassis is hard coated 7075 T6, laser engraved
- Steering blocks alu 7075 T6, black coated, laser engraved
- C-hubs 15 dgr, alu 7075 T6, black coated, laser engraved
- Rear uprights, alu 7075 T6, grey coated, laser engraved
- 4.5mm carbon fiber shock towers front and rear
- Big-bore shocks with machined pistons and spacers, new super smooth x-rings
- Hard coated engraved shock caps, 3.5mm rods and rubber sleeves.
- Front, central and rear gear differentials
- 4-shoe racing clutch
- Durable wishbones ready for use with inserts ( molded standard, carbon optional )
- Steel gear mesh plate system
- Steel disk brake system with special pre-mounted brake-pads
- Coated steel integrated chassis skid plate in the rear
- Lightweight and strong hard coated aluminum camber and tracks rods
- Straight rear wing and new Avenger style body
- Spring steel drive-train system with CVD and rubber protections boots
- Ball raced anti-roll bars front and rear with pivot system
- Super nice radio box layout and fully integrated transponder -holder
- Decals for the radio box caps
- Top quality sealed bearings with grease
The new Gear-differentials have larger cases to allow for more oil inside, and have a build in pressure compensating system. Both will create a more consistent diff over the longer runs.
Gear-mesh plate system, which allows for easy and secure engine (dis)assembly without worrying about gear mesh
Wishbones which allow mounting inserts both in the top and in the bottom of the wishbones, which allows for many possible options to work with more or less flex, using no inserts, molded inserts, carbon inserts, or mixed inserts.
Angled steering system for optimal Ackermann and reduced bump steer.
- Fully adjustable for caster, camber, toe-in, toe-out, roll-center, ride height, wheelbase, down stops, anti-squat, kingpin angle, Ackermann, the works!
- New geometry front and rear combined with new chassis shape and longer chassis braces for more agile handling, more steering, more rear grip and improved balance.
- Angled steering system for optimal Ackermann, responsive steering and reduced bump steer.
- Hard coated shocks with new internals as per above specs.
- Race clutch with 4- carbon shoe system
- Effective air filter system with new angled rubber connector and strong wire holder
- New areo pack with wider Avenger body and new straight wing for medium downforce. Optional high downforce adjustable polycarbonate rear wing and a high downforce body to be released soon too.
Made to Last
- Hard coated chassis with rear chassis skid plate
- Spring steel transmission parts and wheel axles
- Aluminum steering blocks, C-hubs
- Dust boots for shocks and all transmission parts
- Rear body mount with rubber damped system
- Durable Steering plate and servo-saver system, and aluminum Ackermann with prepressed bearings.
- Super easy front and rear differential access with 4 screws only
- Super easy access to the central differential and brakes
- Super easy lever system for the throttle and brake
- Super easy removal and re-assembly of engine, radio box, tank, complete front and rear, complete center assembly
- Super nice new fuel tank with screw-on type fuel tube holders, insert-system to reduce tank volume , improved filter/clunk, improved fuel cap and spring.
Great info, service and support
- Car-kit includes USB stick with full color assembly in PDF with hotlinks to webpages for easy spare parts selection (printed manual version to follow).
- Serpent distributors and dealers are active in all parts of the rc racing world, for information, service, support and supply
Serpent designer Billy Easton from USA, is part of a team of 5 designers, each with their own specialty. He is responsible for and very proud on this latest design of the Cobra SRX8, which he worked on for the past year. Billy used the input from many Serpent drivers, team drivers and distributors, to create this brand-new 1/8 buggy. The focus is as always on performance, but we have paid a lot of attention to ease of use, and durability.
Serpent as a company started in 1980, and has over 30 years experience in developing, testing, designing and manufacturing radio controlled model cars and is one of the longest existing rc brands in the World with 9 World Championship titles and countless European, American, Asian and national titles won by Serpent drivers!