It’s been winning races all over the world, Michal Orlowski is unbeaten on carpet since the prototypes were first seen at the EOS in Daun, Germany in January.
We’ve tried to keep it under wraps (and failed) for several months, now we can present it in all its glory……..
the CAT L1 – 1/10th 4WD Competition Off Roader!
The Schumacher CAT L1 is an all new lightweight, high quality 1/10th 4WD Off Road buggy, developed for top level racing. The CAT L1 is faster, with all new fully adjustable suspension geometry, a lower centre of gravity, and improved efficiency.
The CAT L1 has been developed at the highest level of international competition, and is already a proven race winner with Michal Orlowski and Jörn Neumann. Join the race winning team #Schumacherfamily and drive a CAT L1.
The CAT L1 a revolution of the breed.
- NEW – 3 Gear transmission for opposite motor rotation, improves agility and steering on high traction surfaces.
- NEW – Lightweight layshaft and side gears.
- NEW – Small, low rotating mass gear differentials. With 3 position height adjustment, to adjust for driveshaft plunge and mixed track conditions.
- NEW – Durable polyurethane drivebelts.
- NEW – FAB (Front Adjustable Brake System) with larger 22 tooth pulleys included.
- NEW – Low CofG pinned and centre mounted motor mount.
- NEW – Alloy front transmission housings with steering mounting for increased rigidity.
- NEW – Alloy upper front housings with lower CofG.
- NEW – Alloy rear lower transmission housings with improved belt tensioner.
- NEW – Lighter alloy rear upper housings for low CofG.
- NEW – Lightweight, twin pad slipper clutch with Ultra Fine adjustment spring.
- NEW – Strong steel universal driveshafts with 5mm axles.
- NEW – Hard anodised 12mm wheel hex.
- NEW – Larger 5x11x4 layshaft and pulley bearings increase durability and precision.
- Optional ball diff available.
- Includes 33 super precision ball bearings.
- NEW – Hard anodised 2mm 7075-T6 alloy chassis with 4mm carbon stiffeners.
- NEW – Vertical top decks for increased linear flex.
- NEW – Alloy floating servo mount pinned into the chassis.
- NEW – Adjustable shorty locating system. Enables ultra precise fitment.
- NEW – Multiple Ackerman position alloy centre track rod.
- NEW – Cable management system for neater wire installs.
- NEW – Lightweight battery posts.
- NEW – Lower, smaller front bumper – housing front roll bar and suspension.
- NEW – Front wing mount.
- NEW – AEROX Body and wing.
- Battery thumb screws.
- Shorty and saddle LiPo compatible.
- NEW – Wishbones with new improved geometry.
- NEW – Geometry steering yokes.
- NEW – Rear hub carrier. Featuring new vari-length wishbone and hub geometry.
- NEW – Hub Carriers.
- NEW – Stronger 3.5mm diameter front inboard pins.
- NEW – Front pivot strap inserts for front track width adjustment. And new 8°, 10°, 12° front rake adjustment.
- NEW – Anti Roll bars included with centralising collar.
- NEW – Strong, rigid 4mm carbon fibre shock brackets.
- NEW – Lightweight front shock tower cover to protect your car and the track from damage.
- NEW – Front wheelbase adjustment for improved tuning.
- NEW – Big bore shocks with big bore “CORE” springs, titanium nitride shafts, twin o-ring sealing, optimized shock body.
- NEW – Ball mounted two piece shock cap for easier building, maintenance, vented option and lighter weight.
- NEW – Threaded spring collars for better location.
Availability estimate – April 2018