New from Robitronic:Awesome engineering mixed with proven elements – that’s our formula for uncompromised offroad fun!
Granted, Robitronics all new Protos v2 stays true to this formula: thoroughly assembled and outfitted with many tuning parts, the Protos v2 is sure to turn heads from the backyard to the racing track. Add the powerful, yet easy to tune 4,6ccm engine, and you’ve got one hell of a buggy right out of the box!
Robitronic even paid attention to often overlooked details that may as well spoil your fun: Steering an 1/8th scale buggy at top speeds is real muscle work. So, the Protos v2 comes stock with a ball raced, metal geared Savöx servo pressing 10,5kg*cm of torque. The throttle servo also features heavy duty metal gears and ball bearings. Savöx servos are long-time renowned for their quality and reliability in international competition.
With the Protos v2’s r/l turnbuckles, excentric hinge pin inserts and a slew of adjustable setup parameters, the Protos v2 is sure to suit your personal preferences.
Bump absorbing bigbore shocks and adjustable anti roll bars out of the box – Robitronic’s Protos v2 more than holds its own, no matter whether on the race track or in the backyard!
Setup-wise, Robitronic spared no effort to provide a base setup that works well on most tracks.
- New and improved chassis design featuring better balance and quick handling
- Powerful .28 (4,6ccm) Robitronic engine with an 8-port sleeve design for both incredible low end torque and high speed rpms.
- The durable 10.5 kg*cm hi-torque and metal geared Savöx steering servo is more than adequate to keep the Protos v2 precisely on track.
- Improved and even stronger brake setup with independent brake balance setup (front/rear).
- A full set of adjustable turnbuckles facilitates suspension setup and allows for quick changes between runs.
- Massive big bore aluminum shocks with sturdy 3,5mm shafts keep the Protos v2 planted wherever you go.
- Alloy shock towers with a large selection of shock mounting holes allow for fine-tuning the suspension setup.
- Fully ball raced throughout.
- The steering throw is increased by 5% (compared to the original Protos) to tackle even sharper corners.
- A second stage fuel filter already included with the Protos v2
- New disk wheels and an aerodynamically engineered spoiler not only add to the Protos v2’s cool looks, but also further enhance its cool track performance.
- The exhaust pipe is made from black anodized aluminum for improved durability and horsepower.
- Also the diffs and output shafts received a major overhaul, making them a lot more durable with tighter clearances for a hassle free no-mercy-bashing experience!
- Tuning anti-roll bars come stock to keep the Protos v2 stable on high traction surfaces.
- The new and elongated engine mount adds stiffness to the chassis and better supports the Protos’ powerful engine.
- The upgraded engine’s cooling head with its fancy tribal laser-etching keeps temperatures safe.
- A revised rear chassis brace allows for a larger range of possible gear ratios making the Protos v2 suitable for both tight track layouts and high speed runs.
- The new oval shaped 2-stage high flow air cleaner is less prone to clogging and keeps the CoG low.
Wheelbase: 322-329mm adjustable
Weight: approx. 3400g
Fuel tank: 125ccm
Engine displacement: 4,6ccm
Trevor “Chilly” Duncan
Online News Editor
Radio Control Car Action