Trail tested and proven, Reedy’s SC480X is a simple to use, economical, and powerful ESC for trail truck and crawler enthusiasts. Excellent forward/reverse/brake feel, a wide range of adjustability, and robust hardware make the SC480X suitable for both trail truck and crawler applications.
- Crawler/Trail Truck operation
- Dual auxiliary power leads
- Durable case with aluminum heat sink
- Water-resistant and dust proof
- Precision throttle, reverse, and brake control
- Fully adjustable brake and throttle functions (requires program card #27034)
- LiPo low-voltage protection
- Heavy-duty silicone wires
- Low-resistance T-plug battery connector
- Bullet motor connectors
Cells: 2-3 LiPo, 5-9 NiMH
Current (A): 80 cont./320 burst
Motor Limit, 2S LiPo/5-6 NiMH: 540/550 12T 3-slot; 8T 5-slot
Motor Limit, 3S LiPo/7-9 NiMH: 540/550 15T 3-slot; 10T 5-slot
Low-Voltage Cutoff: Yes
Dimensions (mm): 32 x 37 x 18
Weight (g): 43
Power Wires: 16-gauge
Connector: Battery: T-plug. Motor: Bullet. Aux: FUT-J.
#27011 – $21.99
The pre-programmed default ESC settings work very well in most situations, but if you want access to additional settings for fine-tuning, you can do so using optional Program Card (#27034). The following settings can be changed using the Program Card:
- Initial Drive: Throttle applied the moment the trigger is moved from the neutral position to the throttle range.
- Low-Voltage Cutoff: The cell voltage at which the ESC will shut off to protect the battery.
- Drag Brake: The brake force applied when the throttle trigger is returned to the neutral position.
- Max Reverse Power: The maximum reverse speed allowed relative to the forward speed.
- Punch Control: The aggressiveness of the application of throttle.
HEADER: Setting / Value
Initial Drive: 2%, 5%*, 10%, 15%
Low Voltage Cutoff (V/cell): 3.2, 3.3, 3.4*
Drag Brake: 0%, 50%, 75%, 100%*
Max Reverse Power: 50%, 75%*, 100%
Punch Control: Soft*, Medium, Strong
HEADER: *Default setting