Traxxas Rustler 4X4 Accessory Tires

3D Printed Murder Hornet

3D Printed Murder Hornet

Final Build Photos

Please rate this ride 1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (58 votes, average: 4.28 out of 5)
Loading...
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Submitted By
Justin S
Newington CT , Connecticut, United States of America
Build Information
Readers Ride Title 3D Printed Murder Hornet
Vehicle Class Scale, Buggy
Chassis Brand Other
Chassis Model My own 3D printed chassis
Other Chassis Brand and Model My own 3D printed Design. Made in 4 different parts the front suspension mount, the mid battery and electronics holder, and the rear axel mount.
Body Brand Pro-Line
Body Model predator
Power System Electric
Electric Motor Brand and Model Tamiya Mabuchi 540
Speed Control Brand and Model DURATRAX IntelliSpeed
Battery Brand and Model Duratrax ONYX 1800 NiCd
Duratrax ONYX 2500 NiMH
TENERGY 3000 NiMH
TRINITY 1500 NiCd
Wheels and Tires Brand and Model Fronts are Proline Dirt hawg mounted on Tamiya holiday buggy wheels
Rears are from a Tamiya Unimog CC01 on Gmade bead locks
Shocks Brand and Model Tamiya yellow CVA shocks
Axles Brand and Model Front Axel Is from a Tamiya Falcon
Rear Axel Is from a Tamiya Hornet
Paint Brand and Model Duratrax Mellow Yellow
Duratrax Metallic Black
Scale Accessories Brand and Model I 3D printed the boxer engine and fuel tanks in the back
Flag was inside a box from a rc10 B3
front Bumper is from a Tamiya Desert Fielder
Radio System Brand and Model Futaba T3PRKA and a Futaba R203GF receiver
Further Description/Back Story During my summer brake I wanted to do something to keep me entertained through the summer so I made Murder hornet V1. I used a silver pla filament. But I wanted something at that moment so I turned up the print speed. It was not strong so it kept breaking. So I started designing the Murder Hornet V2. Now I slowed down the print speed and put more infill in the parts so they can be a lot stronger. I moved the battery to the back of the chassis to make it drive more like a class 1 buggy. I made sure everything was rigidly attached to the central tub of the chassis. This made it a lot stronger and it can jump curbs and rocks easily. This was everything I wanted from this buggy. It looks like a class 1 which was what I was going after in this build. It is surprisingly durable. After a few test drives I needed a new body instead of the blue RC10 body because sand and dirt was going into the battery compartment. I went to my favorite hobby shop, Rc Madness and we got the predator body, paint, and Gmade wheels. I think it looks really good. The name came to be after my dad heard about the murder hornet bees and because of the hornet rear axel. I think it was a good choice to call it that.

Build Process Photos

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Air Age Media © 2020
WordPress Image Lightbox