Now that I have all of my monster trucks done and ready for the 4-link Nationals I have been able to shift gears and get back on to some of my other projects. One that I’m trying to wrap up is my TRX-4 from Traxxas. I really enjoyed the truck on the trails and now I’m looking forward to seeing what it can do in comp ready form. Here’s where it stands right now.
I grabbed some portal covers from MFR to get some more weight up front. They are machined out of brass and direct replacement pieces.
This bumper from RC4WD is made for the Vaterra Ascender but it bolts right on to the TRX-4 and it’s steel construction does a great job of getting more weight over the front axle. I also added one of RC4WD’s Warn winches.
Want to see more? Become an RC Car Action Premium member to see all of “Kev’s Bench” every Monday.
RC Car Action Premium offers members exclusive content and the first look at the latest projects, shoot-outs, how-to’s and more!
Membership includes exclusive access to…
• 8+ years of digital editions of RC Car Action.
• Digital editions of special issues, previously only available on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get RC Car Action on your mobile or tablet device
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of RC Car Action archives
• Exclusive photos and videos
• Unique posts and columns just for Premium members