It’s no secret that many radio-control enthusiasts idolize professional race-car drivers, and some look to experience a slice of the same thrill of competition and the glory of a hard-fought victory as their full-scale heroes through the world of racing RC. But did you know the reverse is also true for a handful of the biggest names in racing? Several championship drivers—from past and present and across the spectrum of professional motorsports—have taken up RC in a big way. Some grew up with it; others took it up later as a relaxing hobby to wind down from their high-pressure day job. But as you might expect, the relentless drive to go faster that helped them excel in some of racing’s biggest series inevitably pushes them to the top in RC…
The legendary Ayrton Senna with his Kyosho Turbo Burns in Marlboro F1 colors, nice!
F1, Indycar, and NASCAR racer Juan Pablo Montoya gets down with RC.
Smoke! Tony Stewart is so into RC, he owns the legendary RC oval-car brand Custom Works!
Martin Truex Jr. gets down with RC boats in a big way–he’s sponsored by Futaba.
RC Car Action Premium offers members exclusive content and the first look at the latest projects, shoot-outs, how-to’s and more!
Membership includes exclusive access to…
• 8+ years of digital editions of RC Car Action.
• Digital editions of special issues, previously only available on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get RC Car Action on your mobile or tablet device
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of RC Car Action archives
• Exclusive photos and videos
• Unique posts and columns just for Premium members